New Hubitat Hub - no lights

Tagging @bobbyD

1 Like

@support_team may respond faster at this time of day.

1 Like

Wink refugee as well. Via SmartThings. Third time's a charm. I have three hubs, fourth on its way. You'll love 'em.

3 Likes

Thanks, it's day three and no response. I did figure out how to send a private message to support, but I'm concerned that it will also fall on deaf ears. I would have thought an automated message would have been sent from the warranty claim. Has anyone had any experience with what are the next steps when the online form is submitted?

If I do not receive some form of communication from them by the end of business Monday, I feel my only recourse will be to reverse the charges and walk away from this.
Sad Arrested Development GIF

Well, Victor (@gopher.ny), a member of the Hubitat staff, did contact you immediately above at the beginning of the thread. It’s a small company, perhaps they are swamped with all the Wink refugees coming over.

Everyone has been tagged, someone should get in touch.

2 Likes

Thanks @672southmain! That's all I needed to know, to feel someone is on the case. I had no idea that @gopher.ny was "Staff" or that or was speaking with someone from @support. On some forums that I am a member, sites have given me the title of "Expert" and other members mistake my help for being support within that organization. I just figured Victor figured he was just another knowledgeable person, such as yourself, trying to be helpful. I guess I was expecting someone that identified as support. It also helps to know that's it's a smaller company. That's in line with my preference of supporting small business' over the big conglomerates. That said, it is all the more reason for them to create an autoreply to let the customer know that the message has been received.

3 Likes

Totally agree with you. And in my experience, Hubitat has always responded positively to useful suggestions.

2 Likes

I think you'll hear sooner than Monday. How about now. Sorry it took us longer than normal to get back to you. Please be on a lookout for an email confirming the replacement hub is on its way.

5 Likes

Seems very likely. That whole Wink situation is just a shame.

3 Likes

My apologies @bobbyD. I had no idea that there were company people helping :wink:
The hub arrived DOA, so as advised I put in a warranty request. I was just looking for next steps and an approximate timeline on replacement. I purchased it directly from Hubitat, but it was delivered via Amazon (of which I am a Prime member).

2 Likes

You can always identify a staff member by the “staff” title or shield icon next to their forum handle.

4 Likes

Obviously, I don't speak for anyone at Hubitat. I just want to say that I understand the perspective you came from. Especially because you are leaving an automation platform where requests for information about an outage seem to fall on deaf ears.

I hope Hubitat works out for you (patience is key!), and that you stick around. This is a great community!

4 Likes

Yes, they are listening and most importantly helping us all when needed, a great feature of the HE platform to have such a close working relationship with those developing and supporting the product.

4 Likes

... and I thought you were going to say, "by the geeky glasses worn by his avatar". Ha! Ha! Ha! :joy:
I now understand that, thanks to @672southmain, but it's nice of you to reinforce that.

5 Likes

Understandable. No need for apologies. Replacement is on its way. Please check your email.

5 Likes

Thanks again @bobbyD (Bobby Digital?). I received your emails...

5 Likes

I want to thank everyone for holding my hand through the warranty claim. I finished integration of 23 devices from Wink's Cloud, including my Wink Relay, Wink Tapt Switch, Rachio Sprinkler System, MyQ Chamberlain Garage Doors, many GE Zigbee bulbs, Leviton Outlets, GE Jasco Switches, Zooz 3-Way DImmer Switches, Schlage Connect and GE Enbrighten Outlets. Great documentation here. I was able to get all of my schedules setup.

8 Likes

Very cool. Since you added so many devices, please check your z-wave details for ghosts (these will be defined as not having anything in the routing column). These are caused by incomplete pairings. They need to be removed for a healthy mesh.

Also take a gander at this since you're new to the platform.

3 Likes

So I found only one...

How do you remove it?

Click refresh. A button should come up that says REMOVE. Click that. If it doesn't remove you need to find the device that created it (usually the one right after it) disconnect power to that device and attempt removal again (after a full power cycle of the hub. Shutdown from settings menu, unplug power from the wall (not the hub) for 5 mins and power back up then attempt to remove again (all while the original device is powered off) Once removed you can power the original device back up. Having a ghost like this will reek havoc on your mesh.

2 Likes