New Hubitat Elevation Model C-7 Available

When can we expect the hubs to be shipped ?

Ordered. Excited to have my C-4 as my backup in the event there is a hardware failure and super excited to hear more about the yearly subscription and pricing!

Check the products page. FWIW, it currently says "Ships week of July 20", but your mileage may vary.

Whelp, I'm Order #14331, so there have been at least 611 orders before me.

Coming over from a LONG stint with SmartThings (was a kickstarter backer), super excited to get started with HE!

5 Likes

So probably a dumb question, for devices that don’t support S2, I assume S0 still isn’t advisable and you’d end up unchecking all the boxes on this add a new device page?

Im Order #14129. :grinning:

Personally I wouldn't use S0 unless the device mandated it.
S0 only devices do not provide any key selection options like S2 devices.

The absolute worst thing you could do for an S2 capable device would be to force it to S0...
Why this is a required option (per spec) defies all logic and reason in my world...

4 Likes

I was order # 14198 and I ordered at 6pm EST.

I never got the email even though I was on the notification list !!!

Such is life.

I would avoid it if you can..

1 Like

It defaults to the highest supported security of the device.. If you are including a S0 only device .. That will be the only option checked

2 Likes

So it automatically will choose for you, and you would only override these if desired? Will they be able to be changed later on if you mess up, or would you have to exclude and include again?

Correct

No.. This is part of the inclusion process.. Not a design decision, part of the z-wave spec

2 Likes

is there a need or reason for 2 vs 1? Is there a maximum number of devices I should be aware of? First time user here.

Will it support C-7 to C-9 and C-11 when those hubs come out :smiley:

So I generally try to buy things in 2's - always one for a backup or just in case. No other reason.

I do have 3 active hubs currently which means a rebuild of 150+ devices (2 C4's that handle all the hardware... sigh). I like @JasonJoel's idea of filling up one hub first then add another as necessary. I may end up just using a C4 for zigbee devices though dunno..

There are a few reasons... But most people are able to do everything on 1 hub.. I have 2 production hubs because I have a hub dedicated to lightify lighting because they don’t play well with other devices..

2 Likes

I have xiaomi non-standard zigbee devices on one Hubitat, and everything else on another.

2 Likes

ah thx for the info!

ah thx for the info - was worried i missed something regarding what it could handle!

1 Like

Me either, no email, but I'm a sucker for tech.
Order#14397
Over 100 devices to re-pair
Ahhhhhhhh...