New Hubitat C-7 Z-Wave issue, error code 500

Hello,
Received a new-in-box Hubitat Elevation Rev C-7 today, running 2.2.4.158.
I am unable to exclude or include a GE Smart Switch (only z-wave unit I have to pair). Nothing shows up on the z-wave device addition interface and have tried factory resetting the GE switch and doing hub reboots and such. Also, while I am able to easily/quickly view information about the Zigbee radio in settings panels, when attempting to view z-wave details it hangs and eventually times out, throwing a 500 error code.

Could use some help, thank you.

Have you looked in your zwave details to make sure you have no devices showing?
Edit
Reread obviously you have. you can always do a Z wave reset? maybe not if you can't get into Z wave details hmm. Try unplugging the hub for like 5 mins, if you haven't tried that already

Try the following:

1. From settings, shut down the hub
  2. Pull the power from the wall side and leave it unplugged for a couple of minutes. (It is best to avoid unplugging on the hub side, some users have had issues because they did this.)
  3. Power back the unit and see if you can access the Z-Wave screen.

Also, welcome to the community!

3 Likes

I tried a soft reset as well. I did the power-down from the menu, unplugged for several minutes and then tried to access zwave device info from settings. I still get a 500 and am still unable to include or exclude my zwave device.

This is very odd and unusual. Have you installed any custom apps or drivers on your hub?

No. This is my first Hubitat device and I've had it for like 5 hours :slight_smile:

Okay. Can you go to your logs (past logs) and see if there are errors (red) reported? If so, can you take and share a screenshot? (You will need to go through the community “training” to be able to do that.)

well, I looked up the past logs for HUB and there aren't any red errors. There is a warning, but no error-level logging. I ran the zwave exclude and include methods and tried interacting with the hub again with my zwave device but no response and no errors in the log. Then the zwave service times out with a 500, errors aren't being thrown (or logged).

Okay, I’ll tag @bobbyD in case he can help. I’m out of ideas...

@bobbyD

I'm seeing the same issue on my C-7. I have soft reset it and worked for about an hour and died again. The problem first started as Hub Mesh not working and morphed into the 500 error.

Alan

Tried to upgrade to 2.2.5.123, but keep getting "Download Failed" on verification. Don't know if they are related or not (this is after I do a soft reset and restore a previous backup).

Please update to 2.2.5.124 and report back if you are still having issues..

Can't. Continue to get "Download Failed".