New hub stuck in reboot

In addition to what @jtp10181. Once you do get in and reset the z-wave and zigbee database, on the z-wave details page there should be a z-wave firmware update button. Click that. If it's not there it's already been done. Do this post platform update (settings>>check for updates)

Thanks.
I did a soft reset but still stuck in boot loop. I tried restoring previous version but wants to update when trying to log in again. I'm assuming the zigbee/z-wave resets would not influence and only needed to get up and running once I can log in

Hmmm. Did it have a static ip?

I may be missing something, but these would appear to be in conflict, i.e. if the hub is constantly rebooting you shouldn’t be able to get to the diagnostics page. Might try clearing the browser cache and cookies.

If it runs for a while and then reboots, I’d try a different power supply and cable.

Sorry, boot loop is not the right word, but it is not getting to the normal login screen. If I try connect via IP, it just shows the page that says it's still rebooting. It never leaves that page.

No, DHCP

OK, I can get into the normal menu if I manually enter the address (e.g. Http://[IP]/logs. Operating as normal then. I will check the settings and get back to you

Thanks for the help so far

I reset zigbee and z-wave, rebooted through the menu and it is now operating as it should.

Thanks for all the help as usual.

2 Likes

Don't forget to update your z-wave stack!!

Will do, thanks. I use zigbee so not a concern but possibly a frustration if I move over in the future.

1 Like

@bobbyD I know there was an issue a while back where people would get stuck at the get started page but I have not heard of it getting stuck at the rebooting screen. Is there any fix for this?

@AlanB So you have already tried a soft reset and firmware is updated to current version correct? Should be 2.3.3.140?

Can you post a screenshot of the page it gets stuck on?

1 Like

Jumping from an older version to 2.3.3 may face a database upgrade issue. @AlanB I would follow the steps in this post:

I tried the soft reset and version was correct.
However, once I manually typed in an address and got to a page, it never gave me that problem again. So now works fine.

3 Likes

Going to tailgate here, as I'm having the same issue. New hub, new user so I don't know what to expect. The hub has a dynamic ip. The browser is on xxx.xxx.x.xxx/gettingstarted, stuck on the "Rebooting" page. "Hub reboot in progress. This should take 2 minutes or less."

At one point, during the process it indicated it was upgrading firmware and then loading drivers but stuck after it indicated it was rebooting.

The only thing I can get to is the :8081 diagnostic page. Did a reboot, soft reset, download latest version. All run and then get stuck on the same xxx/gettingstarted page reflecting rebooting. Also tried a hard reboot by pulling power, same result.

What color is the LED?

Click the Hubitat logo per one of the devs.

Just following up on my previous post in case anyone else experiences it. I found that with the mobile Chrome browser I was able to get to other locations such as xxx/logs.

I logged in to the same IP using a desktop browser and got the expected Hubitat page. After doing that,

It was green. Working normally now, thx!

Thanks. I had tried that in the mobile browser after displaying another folder such as /logs. Clicking on the logo took me back to the same "rebooting" screen.

Logging in with a desktop browser normally and then refreshing the mobile browser "fixed" it.

I just received a new device. The first boot took a while, then the first step was downloading the updated firmware, which I did, and then I got stuck at the rebooting screen.

I unplugged and plugged it back in after 10 minutes, same rebooting screen. I found this topic and could get to the diagnostics page and do a soft reset, which solved the issue.

Currently in the process of updating the zwave firmware.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.