New Hub Extra Slow

I just got a Hubitat after moving and deciding to abandon SmartThings. After hooking my HE up, going to the web interface is ridiculously slow. Anything I click on takes nearly 20 seconds to load. I haven't even connected any devices yet, so I'm not sure the issue here.

The hub is connected directly to my ATT gigafiber gateway, which is an Arris model if that makes any difference. Not sure if it just takes some setup time for everything to settle in, but it's painfully slow.

Thanks for any help

1 Like

There are some known ethernet auto negotiation issues with the C5 Lan interface. Reach out to support@hubitat.com

2 Likes

Welcome to the community...

Some have had issues with their hub and some switches with auto-negotiation...

Searching for the url to fix it BRB

3 Likes

I've never seen a post on how to fix it. @bobbyD has always said to PM him as far as I know.

Don't PM Bobby unless he tells you to. I would send an email to support.

1 Like

Here is the official post from @bobbyD

3 Likes

Thank you both very much. If a fix is deployed within 24 hours, I can simply wait. I don't even have much to setup yet as I'm still getting settled from the move. Just got eager to have the hub ready to go lol.

2 Likes

I believe it’s supposed to auto-deploy 24 hours after the hub is registered, but for some small percentage of people it doesn’t go right. Or something.

But it sounds like the OP literally just plugged in his/her hub.

2 Likes

I didn’t personally have this issue.. Just going off of what I read from others..

And you are correct.. I just skimmed apparently

1 Like

I plugged it in about an hour before posting, but I can sit back and see what is happening come this weekend when I'm setting a bunch of devices up.

1 Like

I went ahead and did some hue lights and the web interface was moving horribly slow still after a reboot. Moved the HE off the gateway and into another room attached to an unmanaged network switch. All seems to be working normally for now. I don't feel like I'm connecting to the internet on a 56k modem anymore.

3 Likes

@bcopeland thank you for helping out last night!

@Kings

1 Like

Of course.. Anytime.. I help when I know the answers

3 Likes