New Homebridge Plug-in via MakerAPI

Dan,

I tried 0.1.16. The Home app now shows a slider, and it works! The problem now is that I can no longer turn the fan on or off! Tapping the tile to toggle state generates no events in the Homebridge log. I know you're busy going over the new hub update, so I'll sit tight for a while. I'm planning to update my hub on Friday.

Thanks for battling with these fans; I remember this same difficulty in distinguishing fans from lights. For my plugin, I ended up using the model and brand fields to identify a device. Seeing as those fields are both null for my GE Smart Fan Control, I can see the challenge.

Andrew

For the capabilities and attributes filterings, based off of the NPM instruction page, should I be using attribute filtering instead of capability because capability filtering is going away at some point in the future? Sorry I couldnt figure out if I should do both capability and attribute filtering...???

You can do either and capability filtering is not going away. I restructured the plugin to build Homekit tiles based on their attributes. However, I build a map of which attributes each capability has.

Again, you really can do either, there is no difference. I personally find it easier to do it based of attributes but I know others that find it easier by capability.

You can even mix them if you are really adventurous :smiley:

1 Like

I think I found the issue that you are having with the on/off. I haven't posted an update yet as I am still testing (had to code a "decent" virtual fan driver for testing) and still coding on the next bigger release of the plugin.

Yes, detecting a fan vs a dimmer is a fun undertaking..... I was glad to see the changes in the stock GE Fan Control driver with 2.0.9 even though others are not too happy about it... But that is just one driver...

I'll let you know when I have something for you to update.

1 Like

Hey @swiss6th,

just published a new plugin with my latest attempt to clean up this whole fan mess....
Let me know if it works or if you still have problems.

If all goes well, the next bigger release for the plugin is coming either tomorrow or the day after. My wife is my QA tester right now while I am away on a business trip.... Just pushed the code on my production hub remotely.... She just doesn't know about it... Some might call that insanity... :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Thanks! I'll apply it when I have a minute.

LOL!

All working great for me!

1 Like

All,

happy to let you know that I just released the next bigger release 0.2.0 of the homebridge plugin
Here are the major changes:

• migrated to dynamic homebridge platform that removes the need of restarting homebridge after a device selection was changed in MakerAPI
  • ability to configure homebridge to use Celsius
  • fixed fan tiles
  • ability to create switch tiles for modes and switching of modes in Hubitat (setting "mode_switches", requires HE 2.0.9 release)
  • HSM integration (setting "hsm", requires HE 2.0.9 release)
  • reduced load on Hubitat at plugin start by removing dependency on full detail API call
  • plugin startup speed improved
  • perform daily version check against NPMJS and print logging statement if newer versions available

I tried to prevent that you have to redo your room assignments, however, there is a chance that you might have to redo it. It all depends on if homebridge has cached your accessories or not. This should be the last time though!
You should be able to run this plugin against Hubitat 2.0.8, however, you won't have modes or HSM working.

Updated README with new settings (enable HSM and modes) can be found here

As always let me know how it goes.

4 Likes

@Royski Did you happen to take note of the installation steps? I also have a QNAP and would love to get this working.

I used this in the end.
https://hub.docker.com/r/oznu/homebridge

You can find it using Container station, then a bit of messing about with Filezilla and updating the startup.sh and config.json (you can find the location in the docker settings).

Sadly, once I rebooted I lost connection and went the RPi route, thats stopped working since. But I do think its due to me not understanding the virtual network so much on the QNAP which caused the issues.

Settings for docker, use Advanced Settings when creating.

Once created, using Filezilla this is where the startup.sh and config.json can be copied to.
Go back to settings and then shared folders, and thats the path.

Filezilla

You can add the line in the startup.sh to install

npm i -g homebridge-hubitat-makerapi

1 Like

Everything working great. Missing a couple things. Garage doors and window contacts.

Can you post the output of Homebridge at startup to see if the device is listed there and if it says “Skipped” or “Added”? I have both of these showing up for me

Odd they arnt showing upo but they are checked in makerapi

No issues for 2.0 from me. Looks good.

That’s why I need the Homebridge plugin on boot, then I can tell you why

Sorry found the errors.

[5/1/2019, 10:44:13 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] { InternalError
    at /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/index.js:145:49
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)
  errorCode: 0,
  name: 'InternalError',
  additionalArguments:
   [ TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
         at /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/accessories/he_st_accessories.js:106:75
         at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
         at removeExculdedAttributes (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/accessories/he_st_accessories.js:103:55)
         at new HE_ST_Accessory (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/accessories/he_st_accessories.js:1206:5)
         at /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/index.js:115:41
         at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7) ],
[5/1/2019, 10:44:13 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: temperaturemeasurement for device: Living Room Left Window
[5/1/2019, 10:44:13 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] { InternalError
  additionalArguments:
         at /usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/accessories/he_st_accessories.js:106:75
         at removeExculdedAttributes (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/accessories/he_st_accessories.js:103:55)
         at new HE_ST_Accessory (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/accessories/he_st_accessories.js:1206:5)
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: temperaturemeasurement for device: Garage Right Window
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] { InternalError
  additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: temperaturemeasurement for device: Living Room Right Window
  additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: temperaturemeasurement for device: Garage Left Window
  additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: contactsensor for device: Main Garage Door Opener
  additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: temperaturemeasurement for device: Kitchen Right Window
  additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: temperaturemeasurement for device: Master Bedroom Right Window
  additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: temperaturemeasurement for device: Front Bedroom Right Window
  additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: temperaturemeasurement for device: Front Bedroom Left Window
  additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: temperaturemeasurement for device: Master Bedroom Left Window
  additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: temperaturemeasurement for device: Office Window
  additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: temperaturemeasurement for device: Smoke/CO Audio Detector
  additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: temperaturemeasurement for device: Kitchen Left Window
  additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: relativehumiditymeasurement for device: Open Weather
  additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: contactsensor for device: Corvette Garage Door Opener
  additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 10:44:14 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: contactsensor for device: Aeon Multisensor 6
  additionalArguments:

Must have something to do with my exclusions. Ill look into that.

Yep, I'm seeing similar errors as well. I removed the Exclusions settings from my config and the errors went away.

Here are the exclusion settings I was using:

"excluded_capabilities": {
                "101": [
                    "RelativeHumidityMeasurement",
                    "Battery"
                ],
                "102": [
                    "RelativeHumidityMeasurement",
                    "Battery"
                ],
                "246": [
                    "IlluminanceMeasurement"
                ],
                "247": [
                    "IlluminanceMeasurement"
                ],
                "248": [
                    "IlluminanceMeasurement"
                ],
                "774": [
                    "MotionSensor",
                    "IlluminanceMeasurement"
                ],
                "776": [
                    "MotionSensor",
                    "IlluminanceMeasurement"
                ],
                "777": [
                    "IlluminanceMeasurement"
                ],
                "778": [
                    "IlluminanceMeasurement"
                ],
                "933": [
                    "PresenceSensor"
                ],
                "934": [
                    "PresenceSensor"
                ]
            }

Here is the Homebridge log output with the errors:

[5/1/2019, 8:48:42 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Configuration of cached accessories not done, wait for a bit... 50
[5/1/2019, 8:48:42 AM] Homebridge is running on port 51826.
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] latest version on npmjs is 0.2.0
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] your version of the plugin is up2date
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Side Door Lock, ID 243
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name RV Parked, ID 648
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Bedroom Fan, ID 495
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Office Lamps, ID 491
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Bedroom Lamps, ID 494
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Living Room Motion, ID 583
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Fan, ID 499
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Dining Room Lights, ID 209
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Configuration of cached accessories not done, wait for a bit... 42
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Laundry Room Leak Sensor, ID 198
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Office Motion, ID 250
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Plug 3, ID 965
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Landscape Lights, ID 222
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Classroom Motion, ID 582
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Pause Motion Notifications, ID 393
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Kitchen Window, ID 235
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Mode-Night, ID 1255
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Slider Lock, ID 238
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Front Door Light, ID 490
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Slider Door, ID 901
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Carriage Lights, ID 500
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Side Gate Lights, ID 1126
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Nook Lights, ID 206
[5/1/2019, 8:48:43 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Living Room Lamps, ID 498
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Inside Garage Door, ID 240
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Stairway Lights, ID 199
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Kids Lamp, ID 219
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Patio Lights, ID 205
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Plug 5, ID 998
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Upstairs Motion, ID 249
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Kitchen Motion, ID 253
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Porch Lights, ID 501
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Garage Lights, ID 496
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Classroom Window, ID 239
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Left Living Room Window, ID 234
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Left Office Window, ID 492
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Dining Room Motion, ID 1
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Garage Door, ID 241
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Nook Motion, ID 254
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Classroom Lights, ID 1125
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Mode-Disarmed, ID 1253
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Mode-Away, ID 1254
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Right Office Window, ID 228
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Dining Room Window, ID 232
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Front Door Lock, ID 226
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Plug 4, ID 997
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Right Living Room Window, ID 233
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Alarm System Hubitat, ID hsmHubitat
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Kitchen Lights, ID 1061
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Front Office Window, ID 227
[5/1/2019, 8:48:44 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Device Added (Cache) - Name Smoke Detectors, ID 231
[5/1/2019, 8:48:45 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Fetching Hubitat-MakerAPI devices. This can take a while depending on the number of devices configured in MakerAPI!
[5/1/2019, 8:48:45 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Refreshing All Device Data
[5/1/2019, 8:48:45 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Received All Device Data
[5/1/2019, 8:48:45 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Loading HSM
[5/1/2019, 8:48:46 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Processing HSM
[5/1/2019, 8:48:46 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] attempt connection to ws://10.0.0.54/eventsocket
[5/1/2019, 8:48:46 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] connection to ws://10.0.0.54/eventsocket established
[5/1/2019, 8:48:47 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: illuminancemeasurement for device: Porch Motion
[5/1/2019, 8:48:47 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] { InternalError
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/index.js:145:49
additionalArguments:
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/accessories/he_st_accessories.js:106:75
at removeExculdedAttributes (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/accessories/he_st_accessories.js:103:55)
at new HE_ST_Accessory (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/accessories/he_st_accessories.js:1206:5)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/index.js:115:41
[5/1/2019, 8:48:47 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: presencesensor for device: Christina
additionalArguments:
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/accessories/he_st_accessories.js:106:75
at removeExculdedAttributes (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/accessories/he_st_accessories.js:103:55)
at new HE_ST_Accessory (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/accessories/he_st_accessories.js:1206:5)
[5/1/2019, 8:48:47 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: motionsensor for device: Porch Multisensor
additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 8:48:47 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: illuminancemeasurement for device: Patio Motion
additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 8:48:47 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: illuminancemeasurement for device: Garage Motion
additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 8:48:47 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: presencesensor for device: Tim
additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 8:48:47 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: illuminancemeasurement for device: Driveway Motion
additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 8:48:47 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: illuminancemeasurement for device: Side Gate Motion
additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 8:48:47 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: motionsensor for device: Patio Multisensor
additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 8:48:47 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: relativehumiditymeasurement for device: Downstairs Thermostat
additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 8:48:47 AM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.0] Removing capability: relativehumiditymeasurement for device: Upstairs Thermostat
additionalArguments:
[5/1/2019, 8:48:48 AM] [homebridge-config-ui-x] Console v4.1.0 is listening on :: port 8080

I'm going to try to switch to attribute filtering instead and see if that fixes it...

Can you show me your config.json?

Looking into it now