New Homebridge Plug-in via MakerAPI

I see my current temperature... Can you post a screenshot of the "Current State" variables?

Sorry for the false alarm, They're reporting correct now. Once the current temperature changed on each thermostat they updated. It must have defaulted to 32 after the update and didn't pull down the current temp for some reason. Everything seems good now.

You are just trying to test me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to this! The automatic refresh is especially welcome!

@tsviper: You are trying to mess with me :laughing:

Hi I just installed homebridge, I’m having some issues runnin it. I’m getting the error below I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, can anyone help pin point the issue?

[2019-4-25 01:27:16] Error: Cannot add a bridged Accessory with the same UUID as another bridged Accessory: 9ec1e81a-8c6e-44d5-86fa-8da73cd7f0b7

at Bridge.Accessory.addBridgedAccessory (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/Accessory.js:268:13)

at Server.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:416:24)

at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/util/once.js:16:19

at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/index.js:203:13

at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/index.js:127:27

at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/lib/he_maker_api.js:130:21

at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/lib/he_maker_api.js:88:17)

at emitNone (events.js:110:20)

at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:207:7)

at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1045:12)

at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:138:11)

at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:180:9)

How many platforms do you have configured in your config.json. It looks like that you have a duplicate device id.

I have two platforms in the config.json file . This one and one for Smartthings. But I even tried removing smartthing from the config file I'm still getting the same error

Homebridge does create a cache file that sometimes gave me issues.
You can try to stop homebridge, remove the file ~/.homebridge/accessories/cachedAccessories and start homebridge again. Just as a note though, this will most-likely mess with your room assignments if you have any

I tried removing the cache file but for some reason I still can't get it to work maybe I missed something. I didn't even get to set it up in Home app yet so I don't have any rooms at the moment. Maybe I will try to start from scratch again and see how it goes.

besides .homebridge folder, the other homebrige folder and the plugin folder are there any other files I need to remove to make sure I'm starting over clean?

Dan,

I have one of the GE Smart Fan Controls as well. As of this writing, the fan only shows up as an on/off switch—no fan speed control. Here's my device's info from the Maker API:

{
    "id": "130",
    "name": "GE Smart Fan Control",
    "label": "Ceiling Fan",
    "attributes": [
        {
            "name": "level",
            "currentValue": 32,
            "dataType": "NUMBER"
        },
        {
            "name": "switch",
            "currentValue": "on",
            "dataType": "ENUM",
            "values": [
                "on",
                "off"
            ]
        }
    ],
    "capabilities": [
        "Switch",
        {
                {
                    "name": "switch",
                    "dataType": null
                }
            ]
        },
        "Configuration",
        "SwitchLevel",
        {
                {
                    "name": "level",
                    "dataType": null
                }
            ]
        },
        "Refresh",
        "Actuator"
    ],
    "commands": [
        "configure",
        "off",
        "on",
        "refresh",
        "setLevel"
    ]
}

level needs to map to the HomeKit Characteristic RotationSpeed. The range for level is 0-255, while RotationSpeed needs to be 0-100.

Thanks for your all your work!

Andrew

Hey Andrew,

Can you make sure that you are on the latest version of the plugin? This one should be displayed as a Fan Controller in the latest version.

Updating the plugin is as easy as the installation, just run

npm -g install homebridge-hubitat-makerapi

Dan,

I had version 0.1.10 according to NPM, and it just upgraded to 0.1.12. No change in the fan, but I need to clarify something: It does show up as a fan controller (the Home UI's tile shows the fan icon). The problem is that when pressing in to the tile, there's only an on/off control instead of a slider:

I believe this happens when the RotationSpeed Characteristic is not added to the Fan Service. (I designed a Homebridge plugin once upon a time.)

Andrew

Hey Andrew,

I uploaded a new plugin for you. It has a workaround in there to allow you to set the speed. The problem with that driver is that it really doesn't present itself as a fan, it really just looks like dimmer.... Technically, a fan should have the attribute speed and not level. I still have hope that this will be cleaned up on the driver side at some point.

Give it a try and let me know how it works

I just installed 4 Hampton Bay Zigbee Fan Controllers and decided to go all-in on fanControl vs Dimmer (setLevel).

I am using the OTHER version of Homebridge though, the HubConnect version. My fans all show up with the fan icon and a slider. Looking at settings, there's no option to change to Fan like there is with a switch.

For me, the 4 fan controllers are attached to one of my Hubs (that has the only enabled Zigbee radio) and then to my 'coordinator' and out again to Homebridge (as a HubConnect Remote.)

The differences in the two implementations may be the difference in our result, but I chose to speak up because fanControl is not exactly new, but maybe 'newly used' :slight_smile: with several supported devices switching to this method. (FanControl has enumerated speeds, high, low, off... while SmartThings still uses fanSpeed and it’s numeric value.)

The case is a bit different here. Your Hampton Bay Fan controllers have the attribute "speed", the GE Smart Fan Control only has level. You would have gotten the same result as Andrew with the "other" homebridge plugin.

Just FYI. My user driver for the GE Fan Control (zwave plus version only) has all of the expected speed settings/variables to support the Hubitat Dashboard fan template, and presumably other dashboard fan templates - although I only tested it on the Hubitat dashboard.

I don't use homebridge so have no comment on anything there.

1 Like

Dan,

Thanks! NPM pulled down 0.1.13. No change in how the fan shows up (yes, I restarted Homebridge). Perhaps I need to remove the device from the Maker API and then add it back. I will try that after work today.

Jason,

I'd give that a try. Where could I find your code?

Hmmmm, those damn fans.......

Do me a favor when you have a moment, go to your MakerAPI instance and follow the linke "Get All Devices with Full Details" and get me the entry fior your fan. (BTW, it is different than requesting it only for that particular device). I have a mockup software that I can use to replicate your issue with that JSON output.