New Homebridge Plug-in via MakerAPI

This is driving me crazy, I just published on more version that just adds some log output to see what is going on. I am looking for lines like this:

Dining Room Fan Controller getting fan state: false determined by switch

or this when you turn it on:

Dining Room Fan Controller -> setting fan state to on with cmd: on and value: null

Would it be possible for someone to install that 0.2.11 version and get me this output? I would gladly take the whole boot log of homebridge as it shows me most things I would need

And just to make sure, you guys are not filtering any attributes or capabilities, like removing the switch attribute, right?

I do not have any filtering set up.

When I turn on the fan from Hubitat I get this in the log:

[5/28/2019, 7:49:35 PM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.11] Change Event (Socket): (Living Room Fan:108 [LEVEL] is 50
[5/28/2019, 7:49:35 PM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.11] Living Room Fan -> getting fan state: false determined by switch

I get no log output when turning off the fan from Hubitat

When turning on the fan from Homekit:

[5/28/2019, 7:52:57 PM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.11] Living Room Fan -> setting fan state to on with cmd: on and value: null
[5/28/2019, 7:52:58 PM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.11] Change Event (Socket): (Living Room Fan:108) [LEVEL] is 50
[5/28/2019, 7:52:58 PM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.11] Living Room Fan -> getting fan state: false determined by switch

And off:

[5/28/2019, 7:53:51 PM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.11] Living Room Fan -> setting fan state to on with cmd: off and value: null

Also, during the load there was this message:

[5/28/2019, 7:49:22 PM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.11] Device Added (Cache) - Name Living Room Fan, ID 108
[5/28/2019, 7:49:22 PM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.11] Living Room Fan -> getting fan state: false determined by switch

Thank you, I think I need to code myself a virtual driver that represents the behavior of this fan controller to really get to the bottom of this. I hate throwing versions around and picking in the dark

I'm getting the same thin g at boot.

[5/28/2019, 7:02:45 PM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.11] Bedroom Fan Fan ->; getting fan state: false determined by switch

nothing when turned off

One last try before I start coding a virtual driver. Please try version 0.2.12, I think I missed a bit of a callback hell

@dan.t

Question - when I update homebridge-makerapi I have been rebooting the entire RPi just to be safe. Is a reboot or restart of Homebridge still required?

I only did a quick test - but it appears to be working so far. I tested changing various states/speeds from both Hubitat and Homekit and both appear to be working correctly. I'll test more when the living room isn't full of annoyed family... :grinning:

Thanks for all the hard work on this.

Fan off state seen in the logs now:

[5/28/2019, 8:30:25 PM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.12] Change Event (Socket): (Living Room Fan:108) [SWITCH] is off
[5/28/2019, 8:30:25 PM] [Hubitat hhm:0.2.12] Living Room Fan -> getting fan state: false determined by switch

1 Like

You only need to restart Homebridge when there is a plugin update. Rebooting the rPI is a bit overkill but works too....

1 Like

Everything seems to be working.

Does anybody know if there is a limit to the number of accessories you can add through Homebridge? I seemed to be maxed out at 147.

3 years old, but...

Bummer, thanks for the quick reply!

Just create more Homebridge Instances on your < whatever is running it > Mac? rPi? PC?

Multiple MakerAPI instances, each targeting one Homebridge instance.

1 Like

It's running on a rPi. I'll give it a shot. Thanks again!

I've done it.. had multiple running... but right this minute, the critical elements are lost in the mists of time. Maybe by tomorrow those memories will have been restored from tape. :slight_smile:

:+1:

I can remember the easy stuff....

Create additional .homebridge folders.. aka .homebridge2 and .homebridge3
Then create all new config.json's with new "bridge" values. Every value unique.

then
sudo homebridge -U < path to each new config.json >

If that works, you're halfway and you can proceed with fleshing out the "platform" portion of each config.json

slices are coming back. memory is sure weird. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did a quick google search and found lots of info on this. I'll add another instance and let you know how it goes. Thanks again for your help!

I made this a couple weeks back:

Hope it helps. :smile:

Andrew

3 Likes

I use docker to run multiple instances. Super easy to spin up another docker container.