New Homebridge Plug-in via MakerAPI

Hi @dan.t, looks like new changes coming to our setup? See Maker API New Features

Testing a new version with these changes already in my setup. But there is no pressure yet to move into that direction. Also waiting on a bug fix that is coming gesponnen. Don’t worry, the plugin will continue to work

2 Likes

I think @dan.t would just need to add AQI attribute to the homebridge-hubitat-makerapi plugin and it would be supported, right? I'm not exactly sure of the exact value that needs passed to homebridge but I'm sure it's one of these. temperature and humidity are already passing.

Also thanks @storageanarchy for the PurpleAir driver, works great!

I'm pretty sure that it is HomeKit that has removed/changed support for the AQI device, since my Homebridge link stopped working when I upgraded to iOS 13.

They are still listed in the HomeKit developer docs.

Do you know if AQI is part of any Hubitat capability? I don’t think so and that will create problems down the road with the new MakerAPI Interfaxe that was just released.....

What is AQI? Oh, Air Quality. We are looking at this now...

1 Like

Air Quality Index

Hi @dan.t I hope you are having an excellent Halloween! Thank you, again for this great app/service for the Hubitat community.

Today all of my HomeBridge Hubitat devices are showing as "No Response" on my iPhone ios 13.2. I haven't made any changes to my hub or DietPi in the last few weeks (I have not upgraded to 2.16 on my HE for example - I'm on 2.1.5.124).

I am not nearly as dev savvy as you and many others in this thread, but I can follow directions reasonably well :slight_smile: I rebooted my Pi and my Hubitat a few times (including a shutdown, unplug, count to 30, plug in of my HE).

All of my devices are working properly via the Hubitat iOS app and dashboards via web. I have verified that my iOS device is connected to the same network as the HomeBridge DietPi. MakerAPI app appears to be running properly and I haven't changed any devices there in a few weeks either. Everything was working as of yesterday.

When you have time (no rush on my end) could you please help me figure out what I need to do to debug what might be the cause so I can get things up and running again? I use systemctl to ensure homebridge starts with each Pi reboot. I am not 100% certain how to pull the log file, and some web-searching led me to some confusing results.

Help me dan.t.wan.kenobi, you're my only hope (when you have some free time :slight_smile: ) Thank you!

EDIT: One minute after I hit submit everything started working again. So... thank you! lol :joy:

@craigspree, do you know how to add an entry in the Hubitat Maker API section in your Homebridge config file?

You would need to add the entry

"logFile": {"enabled": true}

And restart your pi. That will create a log file. Of you don’t know how to add it, you can also PM me the content of your config file and I’ll add it for you and send it back to you.

That is all that matters :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t recall how to do that, but I’ll dig through the posts above to figure it out :slight_smile:

Will adding that now cause the log file to fill the memory of the Pi over time or does it auto-purge after a while? I can add this in case it happens again in the future. It’s been stable ever since I posted above though. Glitch in the matrix, perhaps? Thank you, again!!

@dan.t

It appears the latest changes to the Hampton Bay Fan Controller driver has broken the Homebridge integration. Specifically, the setLevel command is no longer supported, although it still appears to be present but non-functional. The setSpeed command (FanControl capabiltiy?) is working as expected. Can plug-in be modified to support this?

Thanks

I would need a log file. The plugin detects which commands are available. It will use the setLevel command if the command is support and use the setSpeed command if setLevel is not available.

So, technically it should already work. I don’t have such a fan controller so I can reproduce it. If you send me a log file that contains you trying to set the speed that could help me looking at it

I think the issue is the driver still advertises as supporting setLevel, but it's no longer functional. I made a post over in the support section and Mike.Maxwell stated that SetLevel is not a fan capability. Perhaps the driver needs to be further updated to fully remove this before your plug-in will function correctly.

Here is the makerApi commands dump:

[{"command":"cycleSpeed","type":["n/a"]},{"command":"off","type":["n/a"]},{"command":"on","type":["n/a"]},{"command":"refresh","type":["n/a"]},{"command":"setLevel","type":["NUMBER","NUMBER"]},{"command":"setSpeed","type":["ENUM"]}]

Yes, that needs to be corrected in the driver, otherwise I will break a lot of other devices

All,

I just release version 0.4.0 of the plugin. Major change is to use MakerAPIs new event stream instead of the unsupported eventsocket. I have been running it for a while and do not see any impacts to performance.

There is one manual step that you need to do to support HSM and changing of modes:

• Open you MakerAPI App in HE
  • Enable the option Include Location Events
  • Hit Done

update your plugin with the command
npm -g install homebridge-hubitat-makerapi

and restart Homebridge.

For those of you that are not on version 2.1.6 of Hubitat yet: The plugin will fallback to use the Websocket if the new MakerAPI interface is not available.

3 Likes

Hi Dan, I'm getting a socket hang up error with this update. It also locks up the Hubitat's web UI. The only way to get back into Hubitat is to shut down my Homebride server. Here's a screenshot of the error:

Is there anyway to roll back this update?

Should be able to with...

npm -g install homebridge-hubitat-makerapi@0.3.0

That gives me an Invalid tag name "@0.3.0"