New here, IKEA suggestions

To understand u correctly, sorry I'm from Denmark, u don't have your IKEA devices set up in the HUE bridge but linked up directly to the HE, and it works fine?

U modified a driver for the pucks?
What does that mean? :thinking:

There was a driver someone created on SmartThings, I modified that and made it into a switch rather than dimmer.

I have Hue, but in my experience wasn’t a happy one connecting Ikea bulbs to it, they kept dropping. But connected directly to HE, they’ve been great (UK based btw).

There’s certainly no harm in giving them a try connected directly to HE, hopefully they work as well for you, as they have me.

I had the opposite experience when I had just 18 bulbs on my HE. My other Zigbee devices tended to get drowned out by the bulb traffic. When I put them back on my Hue bridge, my mesh re-stabilized and now devices are working as they are supposed to.

I guess it's a YMMV scenario?

1 Like

I wouldn’t mix other bulbs, the only bulbs I have on HE are ikea. So totally agree with that :+1:

1 Like

I have 25 IKEA bulps, 2 outlets, 1 driver, 3 motion sensors and 2 Philips Hue color bulps. 1 Ikea Gateway and one Philips Hue bridge.
No mater what it's gonna be a grind linking them up to either HE or HUE. So maybe I'll go with the HUE as it sounds like the most viable sulution.

2 Likes

Royski, do u have a link to that driver u made for the IKEA pucks?

Thanks

2 Likes

Sure, no problem. When I’m on the pc later I’ll send it.

Here you go :+1:

Hi again
I finally connected the Puck to HE but can't seem to make it work. The puck registered as a IKEA Trådfri Dimmer 0.2 when I connected it, but I can't make it turn on/off any lights.
Any suggestions??
Kasper

I now realize that the puck u talk about is not the 5 buttons one that I thought it was! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Have you been able to pair any smart+ bulbs to Hue? I've tried older osram bulbs and the newer Smart+ BR30 bulbs, and even used the touchlink instructions. then I realized the YT video was from the EU and apparently things are different over there. I'm in USA

No, I have only tried IKEA bulbs and Philips own bulbs.

Osrams in the US are ZHA, in EU they are ZLL, go figure...

1 Like

Hello can y help me how i add TRADFRI bulb E27 WS opal 1000lm to HE it not work when i connect ;(

Hi there.
I can't help u with that. I put all my Trådfri bulbs on my HUE hub. That works great.

Are you changing the driver to “Generic Zigbee CT Bulb (dev)” driver after the bulb is recognized as “device”?

I use them a lot, with no issues, and their repeater works great.

1 Like

Super working great :slight_smile: tenx for help!

I also have an Ikea Remote controller type: E1810 Tradfri

maybe anyone knows what to choose to use this remote? :wink:

IKEA has a bunch of remotes but they do not use the standard Zigbee protocol in an orthodox way, allowing them to be paired to the bulbs directly, but avoiding them to be used through Hubitat.

Several attempts have been done to develop working drivers (a search will take you to the extensive threads) but with no success.

There is one exception to this, and it is the IKEA Synfonisk (Sonos) volume remote. There is a community developed driver, and it works for it with minor issues (there is also a thread). I use it, and it recognizes one, two, three clicks, and turning both ways and stoping turning it. For me, useful for lights and dimming.

But the rest of remotes (I have them all), no luck, at least for the time being.

1 Like