New HE user: Aeotec ZW089 Recessed Door Sensors help

Hi all. I'm just now migrating from SmartThings over to Hubitat and I'm down to my last few devices. I have 2 Aeotec ZW089 recessed door sensors and when i add them, HE identifies them as Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor but only shows battery status. No, open/closed status.

I tried adding the Aeon Recessed Door sensor which says it works with the ZW089 but i'm still not getting anything besides battery. Is there something i'm missing?

Thanks!

Jeremy

Click Configure on the device page?

Nothing happens. It highlights the configure button but then when i move my mouse off, it goes back to white.

Here's a small video showing the configure button being clicked.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zpr369pm5ucwu4/Configure.mp4?dl=0

Eric, i tried to click configure on other devices and it does the same thing as the video i posted. I've tried in Chrome & Firefox and it does the same thing. Is there a setting somewhere i may have missed?

Which Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor do you have, and exactly what driver are you using? I’ve turned in a few bug reports on the new consolidated Aeotec Door/Window Series 7 driver. Unfortunately, once you choose it, your older Aeotec Sensor driver disappears and cannot be chosen except by rolling back to 2.2.1.116 or earlier, choosing an older driver, and then updating forward, leaving the older driver. I’ve also submitted a feature request to support to have a section of “Deprecated” drivers that could be chosen as a fallback when problems develop with a new driver. I suspect that Hubitat is fighting fires with the C-7 and new firmware issues, so these issues are probably lower priority.

Mine is also not working. I’ve paired / excluded 50 times. Mine is routing through A5. I don’t have a device A5 anywhere, noting else sees device A5.

I have the Gen 5 recessed door contact. By default, it picked up the generic door/window contact. I tried using the Gen 7 driver and the Aeon driver I posted above but none of them seem to show a status besides battery.

Oh well. I guess I will just trash these since there doesn't seem to be support for them. Can anyone recommend a recessed contact sensor that works with HE?

I would wait a few weeks before jumping ship on these sensors. Aeotec is a pretty predominant device maker and when the other C7 / .119 issues get resolved in the (most likely sooner than later) patches we will probably be fine.

1 Like

I have the same one and had a hard time getting it to pair. Several times it would just say initializing. I would then pull the battery do a reset (by holding down the button until it flashed fast). I then would re-add it. I had to hit the config a few times then it started showing the open and closed. I have 3 more to try and get connected lets hope they go easier.

P

Thanks Paul. I don’t get the initializing, I just don’t get anything g except battery. I’ll try to do the reset and see if that helps.

On the one you have working, which driver is it using?

it is using the "Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor" I also found that after getting it in the device list I had to use the "Configure" on my PC as I didn't get anywhere with the app. I also noticed maybe just a coincidence that I was touching the sensor with the magnet to simulate the door opening and closing then Contact showed up in the Current State.

I was able to get this Sensor working by using the Basic ZWave Tool to set Parameter 121 to a Value of 16 (size 4)

1 Like

Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 3.41.19 PM

Are you familiar with the Basic ZWave Tool?

You copy/paste the Driver Code, then swap it in place of the existing driver, use it, then swap back.

3 Likes

Thanks. I will take a look this afternoon and see if that works for me.

Does your "Data" section look like this?

I think you have the same model I have. It's one of my older devices and it's been solid for over a year. Only issue I have with it is it does not report battery level.

This is the (built in) driver I am using:

I am running 2.2.2.129 on a C4 hub.

1 Like

The problem is specifically with the C-7 as far as I can deduce.

On the C-7 that Data area looks like:

this is the data i get i tryed the above but can only get battery info

Different deviceType, different MSR.

Perhaps you're using the Aeon Recessed Door Sensor 7 vs the 5 that we've been discussing. I haven't looked at the manual for the 7, potentially it uses a different command.

EDIT: yea, I looked at the manual for the 7 and it does not have a parameter 121. So.. not making a difference would be correct if you have the 7 :slight_smile: