New 'Frient' Zigbee products

Remove it and pair from scratch with live logs open?

1 Like

I don't think that is needed. YOu can get the fingerprint using the Device driver. @mike.maxwell can add that to the built-in contact sensor driver. When that new driver is added to your system, then a reset of the sensor and re-pair should get it working as expected.

Some Frient devices are problematical for generating fingerprints that will match the way HE currently needs them, so you probably won't get much luck trying to extract one the usual way.

You might get lucky if you change to the Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor (no temp) driver and then re-pair the device in-place (i.e. without removing it first). This means it has a reasonable guess at the correct driver already assigned to it, so when it re-pairs it will run through any initial configuration.

1 Like

Thank I'll try again today, I thought it looks a bit sparse

This is all I can seem to get out of it.

Yes, Zigbee Frient Intelligent Smoke alarm - and it does not work with hubitat. If anybody has managed to get it talking i would be grateful for any advice. Thanks, M

Hi, Was there any update on getting a driver to work with the Frient smoke detector? It seems to be a really well built little device. It'd be great if we could get it to work with Hubitat!

Has anyone worked out how to get the frient entry sensor working with hubitat?

I talked with @mike.maxwell about the Aone contacts they are zigbee 3.0 as well and look identical, he said it looks like the needs zigbee 3.0 on the hub and it's tbc

@mike.maxwell any chance this keypad from vesternet will be supported ?

sure, maybe you can convince them to send me one to work on.

If I send you one will you get it working? (Frient Keypad...)

I can try, but can't promise anything. Keypads are interesting...

Any update on getting the keypad to work?

Thanks

Has anyone managed to get the 'Frient Motion Sensor Pro' working? I like that it has lux built in to it too.

Hubitat and Frient are apparently working on getting some or all of these devices integrated into Hubitat. It won't be in this 2.3.2 release for sure, but possibly in the next major release 2.3.3.

In any case, these should be officially supported at some point.

3 Likes