New Dome Range Extender

Cheap, and has a nightlight. I like it. I don't need it, but I like it.

:smile:

1 Like

SWEET! I was just looking the other day at the Centrallite nightlight but it's so expensive and requires and outlet. I have been looking for something for my upstairs hallway for a while now and was about to settle on some non-smart battery powered lights. But I might just have to give this a whirl.

According to the manual the LED light intensity is adjustable, which is nice.
Couldn’t find to what extent though.
Would be nice to have it adjust brighter at night due to motion triggers.

The published zwave parameters only shows ON and OFF light thresholds. But it wouldn't be the first time that the manufacturer 'left out' a few parameters in the published list...

Page 10 of the advanced user manual states:

Device ramps through the available brightness settings of the nightlight, from the current value down to the lowest brightness, then back up to the highest brightness. The user should release the button at the desired brightness level.

Then on page 12 it says the following for parameter 02

This parameter sets the luminance (brightness) level at which night light is turned on. This is a unitless value that can be set to any value from 0 - 10, with a default value of 5. The lower this value, the dimmer the ambient light must be to turn on the night light.

So it looks like it is adjustable.

1 Like

You should be able to find Centralite at very low prices soon.

Link to the Dome Range Extender Advanced User Manual:

Anyone have a driver created for this device? It has some nightlight and LED parameters that can be set that would very beneficial.

Anyone interested in working on it?? :smile:

I hope someone is interested. The manual has the parameters listed and how to set some things. It definitely has some useful parameters that wouldn't be included in the generic extender type.

The manual is listed above in the post for ACKmySYN. It has all the info for everything one would need.

That driver would probably rake <15 minutes to make as a user driver.

If someone actually gets one let me know and I'll whip one up real quick.

I have one coming this Friday. I would really appreciate your help on this. What do you need from me when I get it?

Well, there are only 2 configurable parameters, so it won't take too much testing. lol. Unfortunately I'm going out of the country on Sunday for 2 weeks, so I'll see if I can get a beta/test version out before then.

Most of the settings have to be done from the button on the device.

It will also be interesting to see if it can be paired NON-secure (which would be preferred), or if you have to do a secure pair - as that impacts the driver as well.

I appreciate your help and will definitely test it for you. I read where the button on the side does set the LED. It does say it is S2 but for me that is not an issue. I assume then that your driver would recognize if it was S2 (if you had it written that way) and load it that way. The parameters would be nice to control especially if you are putting it on a window so it does not have a glowing light.

Received the Dome Repeater and it comes in as a Device. I read somewhere that this is not good.
Jason, have you tested one of these yet? I tried the Generic Repeater but it doesn't show any status results. Any luck on the driver? thanks

I don't have one. Would you mind doing a couple quick things @razorwing :

1. Look at the device details and post the "inClusters" values.

2. If you get a chance, change the driver to the Basic Z-Wave Tool (if you have it installed, if not you can get it from Hubitat's github), then run the Get Command Class report, and post the results.

3. Confirm if it paired secure, or non-secure. You can tell because under device details -> data it will list it. " * zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true"

I'm running out the door, but I threw this driver together real quick. No testing done on my side. :smile: Let me know if it doesn't work (it is helpful to turn on debug logging in the driver, and post and errors seen in the log).

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Botched1/Hubitat/master/Drivers/Dome%20Z-Wave%20Plus%20Range%20Extender%20DMEX1/Dome%20Z-Wave%20Plus%20Range%20Extender%20DMEX1.groovy

Your Driver
inClusters: 0x5E,0x85,0x59,0x55,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x98,0x9F,0x6C,0x70,0x25,0x7A

Generic z-wave repeater driver
inClusters: 0x5E,0x85,0x59,0x55,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x98,0x9F,0x6C,0x70,0x25,0x7A

I have the Basic Z-Wave Tool as a virtual. How do I run this exactly? I pressed Get Command Class Report but I get an error in the logs.
2019-03-08 02:32:41.150 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method split() on null object on line 122 (getCommandClassReport)

Nothing that says zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true

What do you mean you have it as a virtual? You would need to change the driver of the physical dome device to basic zwave tool, click save, then click the command report button.

The Z-wave Device Tool is a virtual not the repeater

Also, if you try the driver I made click configure, wait 5 seconds, then click refresh (after changing to the driver of course).

That doesn't make sense to me. Basic Z-Wave Tool is just a driver. It has to be applied to a REAL device to do anything.

So you would change your dome device driver from whatever it is to Basic Z-Wave Tool and click save.