New C7 hub, cant get initial setup process started

Jumping in here with what appears to be the same issue. @bobbyD I did submit a support request via email and if there are troubleshooting steps I can try, I am open to try.

Is a brand new Hubitat. Never went past blue. Able to access the dagnostic tool. Otherwise the connection is refused.

Thanks in advance!

My hub was shipped with a defective Ethernet cable, try changing yours out to a known good one.

A bad Ethernet cable wouldn’t produce the blue light, and wouldn’t allow access to the Diagnostic Tool. Sounds more like the hub was shipped with no or bad platform code. Support can handle it.

2 Likes

Did you register the hub at hubitat.com? Just a thought.

Another thing to try: log in to the Diagnostic Tool using the MAC address on the sticker on the underside of the hub, then Download Latest Version. Then, do a Soft Reset. Because this is a new hub, you shouldn’t have any devices. See if that will boot.

THanks for those suggestions! @672southmain I have been in communication with support and we are working it out.

I did try your suggestions and received errors

I appreciate the ideas and discussion so far. An active community makes a difference!

1 Like

Has anyone had issues with messages getting to support? I have been replying to emails and today got a message that they have not received anything and as a result will close the ticket.

It is a strange feeling sending something to the ether and now wondering if you were even heard.

That is very odd. I am checking on your tickets now, to see what happened. Perhaps your emails got caught in our spam for some reason.

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out. I guess it's always a first in everything. We've had initial emails routed by accident in the spam, but this is the first time that an address that already had sent one or more emails was marked as spam.

1 Like

HI @bobbyD,

Thanks for figuring that out and for the quick turn around.

1 Like