New C-5 hub, DOA maybe

I been helping some friends to convert their homes to HE.

One of my friends has the problem if the internet goes down then the hub will be unreachable until unplugged from the power, when you look the logs it stopped to log anything in some point. I'm with no answer to him of what happened, but he is waiting for an answer.

Another friend, he had Wink plus I think, I told him to put it on trash, he was telling me that he had all Ring cameras and Nest including the smoke detectors, I told him Ring and Nest had their own apps, you don't need those on HE, well, he ordered the hub (Amazon)and when I tried to install it yesterday the front LED did not turn on, but the hub was connected to the LAN network and got an IP address.. I tried other LAN ports, other routers, other power supplies with different cables, nothing make the hub to appear in the portal, then my friend said, hey I will look their web page to call them, I know HE has no phone number but I told him I think they only work from Monday to Friday, but he still looked the webpage, he was disappointed, but he requested a replacement on Amazon.

I'm just posting this to let HE team know where some improvements are needed.

Thanks

@bravenel @bobbyD @mike.maxwell @patrick

You need to set up the hub on a static IP address in their router. That way it will always have the same IP address every time.

We are aware of the issue. Please encourage your friends to contact support if they have such a problem, and we will get it sorted out.

1 Like

I forgot to mention, but yes, I reserved the IP, that is the first thing I do, I replaced his router with an orbi, I have 2 other friends with orbi and HE working perfectly.

2 Likes

When I got my Dad's C-5 hub the portal would only find my C-3 hub even though it was on a different subnet I had to put the Mac address from the label on the bottom of the hub into the portal to register the hub. After that all was normal.

Thanks, yes, I did the mac, the ip, the mDNS search but did not work.

I know you probably have already thought of this but it would be a good idea to put your friend's hubs on a ups of some kind. Ya never know when an outage could occur.

1 Like