New Basic Questions

I highly doubt those bulbs support any advanced features. They are just going to come on after every power outage event.

1 Like

Hi again. Not exactly. Your start up rule should explicitly perform whatever actions you want. So as examples, on my hub I do things like setting the mode (because if the hub was down while the time passed for a mode change, then it won't get magically triggered upon reboot), this in turn will run a rule to turn lights off if the mode gets changed to Day, or set any lights that are on to the correct circadian temp/level according to time of day, I refresh my Google Home devices, etc. So, my start up routine is simple but does quite a lot. In my opinion, it is best to create a simple rule on start up to fix any issues you find may occur if the hub is down for a while and resynchronise any rules that might be affected.

Screenshot in case it gives you some inspiration...

NB: I turn off HSM on start-up because I had some issues. This way I know it is definitely disarmed and I can then restart it exactly as I need manually. So pls ignore that entry and you probably wouldn't want to do that on reboot normally. The rest just puts the Mode to the right one (I just use modes for time of day type modes and switches for presence, I find it easier that way). If it's day then it switches off the lights in case they are stuck on when the hub reboots. It announces the reboot to a Google Mini. And then it runs the actions from a rule I have that sets the lighting level and temp for circadian lighting (meaning the lamps are brilliant white if needed in the day, and orange and dim in the evenings and mornings). Hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

I only skimmed through all the posts above so I'm sorry if I the answer was discussed already, but why do you need bulbs that can work with both 120V and 240V?

I only have personal experience with 2 types of smart bulbs:

Philips Hue (Zigbee) - As @ogiewon mentioned, they allow you to choose their power recovery behavior, but only if you keep them paired with the Hue bridge. When paired directly, their power recovery behavior is "on."

Aeotec bulbs (Z-Wave) - These can be configured via Z-Wave parameters. Actually, I might have been mistaken here. I have a couple of these bulbs used in table lamps. I remember configuring them so that quickly toggling the physical switch off/on will toggle the bulb on or off. But this is not actually the same thing as power recovery behavior. I just double-checked one of my lamps, and the power recovery behavior is also "on."

1 Like