I've become a recent adopter of Hubitat after moving to my new (old) home. I'm in the process of converting every light into either a Zigbee Downlight or a dumb downlight controlled via the Aeotec Nano Dimmer or Switch.
A few areas I'm hoping to get suggestions for:
- Motion Sensors: I'm using mostly the Hue Motion Sensors. Keen to hear if there are any controllers that work as fast as these with Hubitat.
- Door Sensors: Purchased one Aeotec Z-Wave door sensor... Keen to go cheap here, whatever Z-Wave or Zigbee devices work well.
- Buttons: I'm looking for simple Zigbee or Z-wave buttons that can potentially cover up the no longer used Clipsal rocker switches and old fashioned dimmers I have on the wall. I like the look of the Hue Smart Buttons, but wondering if there are any cheaper options that do a similar thing. In particular, does the Ikea Dimmer Button or Button work well with Hubitat?
- Old light switches/dimmers: Any suggestions on an elegant solution to cover them up to prevent guests switching off the smart bulbs?
- Lights: I was planning to use the 12W Nue RGBW Zigbee 90mm Downlights. Unfortunately after ordering a small batch I realised that when set to the 'CT' mode in Hubitat, there is a very distinct pink hue at all temperatures and were much dimmer than I thought. As a result, I have to manually select the colour to get something that resembles a nice Daylight or Warm White. Any other suggestions here? (I'm looking for 90mm Zigbee downlights, in both colour + white as well as just white with adjustable temperatures). I have the Mercator IKUU downlights on order to try out as well.
To give some background of what I'm thinking of doing:
- Rooms where I want the light temperature to change throughout the day, I will install smart downlights and block off the old light switches/dimmers with a cover or a smart button.
- Rooms where I'm happy with the same warm white throughout the day, I will install Aeotec Nano Dimmers with the Clipsal Impress momentary buttons.
- Motion sensors with rules around colour temperature for all hallways, bathrooms, yard
- Buttons/virtual buttons to temporarily disable the motion-activated rules (I haven't figured out how to do this yet)
- Google home devices to allow for voice control of all lights on Hubitat.
- Thermostat set up to automatically turn central aircon on/off when temperature ranges are breached, and turn off when we leave the house. (haven't figured out how to 'smarten' my Fujitsu central unit yet)