New App?

Lots of great Apps available for HE! ...

The last company i was with for Home Automation, i was able to the the following.. And would love to have this in HE.

Random Lights Sim

If time = 1:00 pm (any time you choose)
and
Its's Monday Tues Wed Thurs Friday Saturday Sunday
Then
Turn on light 1 - random delay 10 min
Then
Turn on light 2 Random delay 9 min
Then
Turn on light 3 Random delay 5 min

:::Wait 25 mins - Random delay :::

Then
Turn off light 1 Random delay 3 min
Then
Turn off light 2 Random delay 8 min
Then
Turn off light 3 Random delay 2 min

Done

You can do that with Rule Machine using a Trigger and multiple Actions. Not very pretty, but straight forward to setup.

So you want to simulate being at home?

There are also some community vacation lighting apps and Rule Machine examples. You'll find them with search :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I was talking with him and he came up with a great app that does so much.

Just looking for a "Simple" app.

who is "home"

Think that was referring to me. My app does 'too much' but I've learned time and time again...put EVERYTHING in at the start because guaranteed someone will ask for it. lol

My 'At Home Simulator' is still in beta but I've made huge advances today. Running it through test after test today knocking the kinks out of it. It's almost ready... almost!

2 Likes

Yes. bptworld! Keep us posted.

Just took 'At Home Simulator' out of beta....

Noticed this morning they put out a new version of Vacation Director too. I haven't tried it but looks like it now works great with HE. Always a plus to have options!

2 Likes

Question... For the Random lights generator section of the app below the light groups..
Can you add a random time generator between turning on the lights for that section?

1 Like

sure, I can add that

Excellent. Let me know when you complete it.

Thanks!

check the App post for updates...

Installed! I will try it out.. Question.. could you also add the ability to have echos speak and play music on echos devices..

Use speech device, speak this message on this speech device. on this music device.

Nope, this app simply turns devices on and off. If you can find a way to trigger what you want from a device than it can do it. But there won't be anything built in for voice.

There is a way, but it would require at least 3 apps!

1. Bryans app to randomly turn on a switch
  2. Some app that makes speech available for your alexa devices (I know there is a couple on the forum)
  3. Message Central (or other ‘speaking’ app. RM?) with random voice messages configured to trigger from a switch

I’m not sure how well it would work but in theory it should

Andy

1 Like