New Android and iOS beta builds are available

I’ve been using the iOS beta for the last few versions, never seen an HSM tab. Just dashboards, geofence and settings, which is what I believe android has too.

I use an HSM tile on one of my dashboards if I need to manually adjust the armed state.

Yes the tile. it does not seem to function. or at least its not showing the state change.

Sorry for misleading. This new functionality is not in app, but in Portal.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/cloud-connection-unavailable-after-october-1-2019-solution/21715

But it still doesn't work for my remote hub I need to update.

1 Like

Still seeing issues with presence on Pixel 2 XL Android 10 and latest beta app. For some reason even though the device is home HE will randomly jump between present/not present, usually 1 second apart. Battery optimization for the app is disabled and the app is allowed location access at all times. This seems to happen at least 1-2 times a day.

I do not see this behavior with my wife's iPhone XR.

If there is any logs/info that I can provide to help resolve this issue I am willing to help out.

I can see in the debug logs the "Exit: posting successful" and "Enter: posting successful" at the time of the incident as highlighted below. I had not left the house at all today and this issue seems to occur in the evening.

I am seeing an issue with accessing dashboards when more than one hub is attached to the account.

Open app > see dashboard for location 1
Go to settings > click hub > select location 2
Select existing mobile device
Go to dashboard
Dashboards show location 1 NOT location 2.

Force close the app > launch > dashboard > location 1 shows.

Go to settings > shows location 2 hub selected.

Can't find a way to see the dashboards for location 1.

Is this issue on Android or iOS?

Sorry, I should have included that. Android using a pixel 2 on the most recent official Android release.

Which is? Remember they will probably not have that phone so you need to go to settings and provide the actual version number.

Android 10 - QP1A.190711.020

Works OK here. Am able to move between the two hubs on the mobile app. Android 9.0 Galaxy s8.

New beta versions of our apps are rolling out, here are the changes based on feedback:

Android Beta Fixes (Build 58):

• Fixed typo on discovery hubs page
  • Unable to disable geofence fixed
  • Validate if jump between presence is too fast

iOS Beta Fixes (Build 57):

• Fix radius set to 200 over time
  • Allow using the app when location permission is set to: 'Allow when using'
  • Optimization for iOS 13
1 Like

I have 4 issues to report on IOS:
-- Drag down (spring to release) on a dashboard causes a refresh, which it should. Many apps do this. When the refresh has loaded it drops you back to the list of dashboards. Clicking the green checkmark to refresh does not do this behavior.
-- The scrolling in Dashboards on IOS is awful. Huge W.A.F. issue. As soon as you lift your finger off it stops scrolling. It should glide like every other IOS page and app. As a developer, no idea how you actually made it do this. I'm actually curious, because the normal "gliding" way is what a normal webpage does. This issue also happens on Dashboards in safari, so may be a "Dashboard" issue rather than "App issue".
-- The app randomly logs you out. Like after phone restarts, or app kills. Haven't been able to track down exactly what causes this.
-- HSM Monitor dashboard: Clicking buttons provides no acknowledgement you actually clicked a button. I think if you click a button the window should probably go away. This issue also happens on Dashboards in safari, so may be a "Dashboard" issue rather than "App issue".

@chuck.schwer I just joined beta. :muscle:

Are u considering widgets for Android? I almost never use the app to turn things on or off because it is slow. Therefore I would like widgets to toggle HSM on or off for example!

Kasper

"edit" : the beta version is much faster than the regular one, but I would still like widgets!

1 Like

i would really like to see the geofence area to be larger in the app if we wanted it to be

Would this possible resolve the issue where my device seems arrive/depart randomly?

What happened to the Push Notification List option in the iOS mobile beta app, I no longer see it so if I accidentally dismiss multiple notifications before reading them I have to search all over for the logs that were created when they were sent. Also is there any way to get the app to change to local immediately rather than after a 3 second countdown?

Yes, this fix suppose to handle this weird jumps that affect android.

1 Like
  • Notifications list was removed because it wasn't consistently adding all of the notifications. A new notifications screen will be added on the next release that will be more reliable and show a history of sent notifications even if the phone wasn't able to get it for any reason.
3 Likes

The spring to release issue and scrolling issue are resolved by IOS 13.1.1.