Networked Speaker Driver

Ah well done i missed that one been using speech device and you don't get that option.
Cheers

1 Like

This is exactly what I was looking for! I managed to load up the Custom App and Device Drivers into Hubitat and within a minute or two it discovered my D-Link M-225 Audio Render. I'm using it to drive a dumb speaker as a simple TTS device. My ONLY issue is when I send text to it, it delivers the message than then attempts to repeat the first word for just a split second. So i get: "Welcome Home Mark.....Wel". I've tried putting some spaces and commas in the text string in hope to avoid it looping back around but it doesn't seem to make any difference. Any idea what could be causing this?

I tried to capture some audio example off my phone....note volume is really LOW.

Sorry. I have no clues. I stopped using this driver when I setup the Echo Speaks app. I never experienced what you are describing and I have no clues as to what to look for to correct that. I did not create that driver, I just worked, with others, to port it over to Hubitat.

Good luck! Wish I could have been of more help.

Did anyone have any luck with Hitachi Speaker working? I can use the speaker and get the volume to go up but no speech is coming out? I know that volume is going up as i was listening to a song and when I trigger the speaker volume came up but no speech? Any ideas thanks

I used a Hitachi speaker for a while with the DNLA/Media Renderer app and driver. Originally it wouldn't speak with the built-in TTS and I has to use an external TTS service. @cybrmage tracked down the issues and I had native TTS working before I decided to stop using the speaker. Here's a link to the post detailing the changes and a link to his code.
DLNA Player and Media Render warning message
Good luck!