Networked Speaker Driver

I did not. Let it run for 10 minutes and found nothing. On ST it only took about 30 seconds to find my speakers.

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep trying as there has got to be something simple I'm overlooking.

1 Like

bptworld, did you ever resolve your problem? I am having the same issue getting my Fabriq speakers discovered. :frowning:

Nope, moved on to using the Cast Web app to make announcements.

Oh - does that integrate with Hubitat in some way?

I believe I found the bug - I posted this in the "How do you use TTS?" thread:

1 Like

Great! Glad you found a solution. I did updated the code in my GitHub to comment line 252. I made the change and the app now finds all my speakers, and a few other media devices.

Thanks for your persistence.

1 Like

Hey no problem - I just had to slap a lot of log.trace lines all over the place to narrow it down - I'm glad there was nothing wrong (aside from the delays) with the discovery process itself. Whew!

Thanks for porting it - I would be lost! :smiley:

Hoping you can help... so I have multiple Fabriq RIFF speakers. MediaRenderer Connect finds both devices no problem, however when I go to select, it places a check mark next to them, but immediately clears it and won't let me actually select the speakers. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Yes. Read above, post 54. Select one at a time and be quick!:grinning:

1 Like

Haha! Chrome wasn’t working with this but I moved over to Edge and it’s working ok now.

2 Likes

I finally got around to adding a Hitachi W50 speaker, The connect app discovered it immediately and created the device without issue. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get TTS working. Whether sending a message from the device page or from a RM trigger, I always get the response, "You've selected the text to speech function but did not enter a message."

I am hoping someone here knows if I'm missing a setting in the driver or not using some special formatting. I've been playing with this for so long today, I'm actually starting to like the default Smooth Jazz channel.

I'd also like to thank @veeceeoh and @Matthew for getting this working, and @max.leung for discovering the final bit I needed to connect.

2 Likes

When I use my Fabriq speakers from the device page, I think I used the Speak field and button.

Thanks. I've tried most of the input boxes and buttons on the device page and still get the audio message telling me I've not entered a message. I guess I'll just put this one aside and come back to it later. I tend to screw things up when I get frustrated.:tired_face:

the rest of us just breeze through stuff when we are frustrated :wink:

1 Like

Anyone else having problems with the DLNAPlayer driver?
My hub has been freezing up. The support guys tell me it's:

suffocated by LAN errors. There is one that fires continuously "Unknown - HubAction: delay".

That HubAction shows up in only one place in my system. DLNAPlayer.

I was seeing the same thing too. Removed it and now everything is OK again.

You could try to comment out this section of code:

private delayAction(long time) {
	new hubitat.device.HubAction("delay $time")
}

or as I just did, comment out all calls to delayAction().

It is around line 960. I have no idea if that has any other repercussions or impacts, but that is where 'hubaction' 'delay' is happening in the driver. I looked through the code and many of the places that call this delayAction() routine are already commented out. I just comment out the remaining ones. I cannot see if the speakers still work until I get home this evening.

Is there a way you can see the LAN errors? I don't see anything in my Hubitat logs?

[UPDATED:] @doug My speakers seemed to unaffected by this change (they all still worked just like before). I am interested if you can determine if the LAN traffic has decreased because of this change?

I have indeed commented it. Will see how that goes over time.

No I don’t see that in live logs. Support sees it in the backend logs.

Thanks

1 Like

I can tell you that yes, the lan traffic decreased. Unfortunately I also have to tell you that my hub still crashed last night. So clearly the incoming requests from the 3 speakers was not the problem.

In fact it seems to crash at the very same time every early morning. Within minutes of 2:10a each time. I'm still working with support to determine why.