Nest is shutting down the Works with Nest API

This conversation is fascinating. One can be down on Google for a lot of the terrible things they do... but I'm wildly surprised that users of an HA platform with the highest security are cynical of Google increasing their IoT security.

It is well known that IoT security across the board is laughable. If this means a little lock-in, that's a small price to pay to start clamping down on hackers' DDOS nets that can crash half the internet.

Hi All,

just wondering if anyone has heard any movements on this? I am wondering if there's any way at all for us to get connectivity to node-red somehow.

1 Like

Lots of people are using node-red for little things. There is also a Nest integration to hass.io that is using the private APIs. This is not a good thread to get help on setting up either of those but if I were you I would search here for help getting node-red setup for Hubitat or HomeAssistant. If you can't find anything start a thread specifically for it.

Depending on how long Google take's somebody might write a quick a dirty integration using Google's private API too. Might be too late in the game for that now.

Remember there is also Nest Homebridge. The Home Assistant version is based on this and to be honest, it works amazingly well in HomeKit. Pushing HA version to HomeKit isn’t so great but I have both installed for different use cases. You can find the details here if interested: