Nest Integration

Anyone successfully using NEST thermostat integration?

Yes, I use it for both of my Nest thermostats. It works great. I primarily use it to simply monitor my thermostats, not to control them.

So you can control them and interact with other devices in the network based on rules ?

I am using it for temp sensing as well. Some other ideas are humidity, lux and limited presence sensing - still working on that though. I also have Nest Protects at well..

The nifty thing is I can use all of my nest products on both hubs (main & upstairs) if I want..

Yes, you can.

Is there something specific you're trying to do?

You should be aware that currently Nest is very slow to accept new integrations like Hubitat's. This is because they are revamping their developer program. They have put a lot of stuff on hold for months now. Hubitat's Nest integration works well, but you'll need to work with Hubitat support to help you get it set up and running due to these delays caused by Nest, not Hubitat.

1 Like

Good to know, Thank you..

Edit: I got it working.
No need for super Bobby.

1 Like

Maybe? I'm not sure what the current process is that Hubitat recommends. I know that Hubitat has exposed the user settings to allow users with Nest Developer accounts to type in their own credentials. In some other cases, I believe they might have used another workaround.

Advanced connections got me working.
Thanks!

1 Like

When clicking Login Nest from the app i get a window that pops up and i click allow and get this error at the top..

Oops! We encountered an error. Please try again.

See this post.

Threads are a little redundant today.

1 Like

From Nest
Thank you for your interest in the Works with Nest program. We're currently restructuring our developer program and are no longer accepting new developers to the program or performing client integration reviews for existing developers until the new program is implemented. Stay tuned for further details and announcements.

1 Like

See: