Nest Integration

Seriously, when will the Nest Integration work. I bought this on the premise that you work with Nest. Yet, while you do, those of us who buy the Hubitat currently are unable to utilize this feature.

This is truly frustrating.. I paid $100 for something that I truly am unable to utilize. I'm not about to transfer 1/2 my house to your device, while leaving my other devices such as Nest Thermostats and Fire Sensor and my Arlo devices on my Wink Hug.

I loved the thought that Hubitat would be local, but I am truly at this point feeling deceived by your statements that this device will work with Nest.

Not yet

If its just the thermostat you want to control then use the community developed app, It works pretty wel for me and allows me to control setpoints and put the thermostat in eco mode while away. See this thread....Nest integration

Do we have any updates to this issue yet. This truly has been very misleading and frustrating.

I don't see how Hubitat has misled you.

Please reach out to support: support@hubitat.com They can get you setup with an alternate credentials until Nest finishes their maintenance.

Thank you..

Is Nest Integration now working for HE?

You have to have either one of the first accounts that were allowed before the approval. After that you needed a Google Developer account. Now Google has cut that off too. So no, everything is in the hands of Google and they've froze everything for some reason. Nothing more the HE team can do is my understanding.

I see. What kind of Google developer account? I remember I have one to consume some GeoMaps API, maybe that one can work.

I believe you would need a Nest Developer Account, but I am not sure if they are still accepting new accounts or not.

https://developers.nest.com/guides/get-started

But read here before getting too excited...

1 Like

Right. A Nest Developer account. Thanks Dan.

Stupid ABC silos :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I get this when trying to signup :frowning: The whole way to signup has been taken down I guess :slight_smile:

You should be able to login to developers.nest.com with your primary account.

You should be able to fill in the form for your name, contact and accept their rules.

It should then offer you create new oauth client.

The instructions here can then be followed: