Nest Developer access now live

yep -- good catch. That's what happens when you try to make quick fixes without testing :wink:

2 Likes

Also on my list -- but given the attention this has drawn, I bumped it to the top. Let's move specific discussion of my app/drivers across.

5 Likes

Hmmm.. disregard my previous missing token comment -- I realized that when I copied it out to run through a browser, all the JSON doesn't come with it, so that makes sense.

Running with the debug nets the same error.
[error] java.lang.Exception: No response data exists for async request on line 415 (putResponse)

Glad you called this out as I would have made that same mistake but I have not bothered signing up as yet until the Protect's come online.

1 Like

Nothing as of yet in the API -- I've seen rumors that they are starting to appear in the Google Home app, so that's progress towards integration, which will hopefully lead to API support

1 Like

Even just in GH that could be really useful...if a GH routine could turn an HE virtual switch on or off when the protect sets off an alarm.

1 Like

Amazing stuff, I've got it up and running nicely.

Only thing I had to do was go into the API Credentials settings and add https://www.google.com to the Authorized redirect URIs section because it was only in Javascript Origins after setting it up through the web browser.

I then downloaded the credential files again, and pasted the new content into the credentials.json field in the App Configuration, then it all sprang into life!

I'd also second the request for Nest Protect to be added once it becomes available!

With this can I access my nest camera feeds in Hubitat?

Not yet.

But camera streams are available in the api

Is there a way for Hubitat to put Nest in Away mode and back to Home mode?

Thatā€™s correct, support does exist in the API. We watch in anticipation as the drivers start coming together to support the Nest devices... over in [Pre-Release] Google SDM API - Nest integration

@jason-hubitat - it would probably help folks who are looking for available Nest integration/drivers more than general info, to edit your OP to have a link to @dkilgore90's driver below.

2 Likes

Is this still being worked on?

My app and drivers cover most of the features exposed via the API (still trying to wrap my head around the web_rtc stream available for the newest cameras). I also actively support it for any issues come across, including code fixes as necessary. I created a separate thread for my code (and any discussion around it), and this one went dormant.

Hope this answers your question!

1 Like

Hi there, I have a nest thermostat and a couple protects that I want to manage through HE. I was going to test it out but it costs $5 for developer registration so I figured I'd confirm this will do what I'm hoping it will.

Thermostat, yes. Protects are not supported via any official API so far (and no indication from Google on when/if they will be).

Got it going, thanks @dkilgore90