NEO Coolcam motion detector

I can't figure it out how to config my NEO Coolcam motion detector
Does the driver of the sensor has a function to do a motion hardware resets at x seconds, or has the device a default motion hardware reset?
example: when the sensor is ON + continuous motion detection, after X time the sensor goes OFF and when there is still motion the sensor goes back ON.

With a xiaomi motion sensor this is in the driver:
After motion is detected, wait ___ second(s) until resetting to inactive state. Default = 61 seconds (Hardware resets at 60 seconds)

Anyone an Idea?

Same problem,I change parameter motion time but didn't refresh and save, did you solve the problem?

No, I think it is not supported in the hardware but I have made a workaround with a rule that solves my problem, but I guess it will not solve your problem...

Hello, this but not solve my problem, I want the sensor get inactive is didn't detect movement on x seconds, I don't know why didn't refresh this parameter, on smartthing works!, should be able to do this.

Thanks

I think this is an other issue.
My NEO Coolcam sensor become inactive after 8 sec when there is no motion

But in the installation proces there where some issues
It was fixed after factory reset of the sensor + an exclusion & inclusion of the sensor

hello, no works for me, I disconnect from hubitat, reset neocoolcam, add device on hubitat but nothing, 30 seconds...

On the web show:

Scheduled Jobs
Handler Next Run Time Prev Run Time Status Schedule
executeConfigure 2020-01-09 15:48:03 CET PENDING Once
logsOff 2020-01-09 16:18:13 CET PENDING Once

I am not a zwave expert at all, but does executeConfigure/pending not mean the configuration has to be pushed to the sensor by pushing the button in the sensor....

I have 2 Neo Coolcam PIR motion sensors. For the life of me, I cannot get either recognized. I tried resetting the device, tried an exclude then include Nothing happens. Press the button 3 times and get 5 blinks. Anyone have an idea?

1 Like

Hey @bruce1 ..... just configured mine today. It was so easy ..... It was on a wink hub some months ago. My steps

1. Insert battery
  2. Factory reset steps
  3. Put hub in include mode
  4. Push the button 3 times
  5. Bingo, HE registers it

About the only assistance I can offer is the documentation I found on the web.
http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/make.php?lang=en&sku=NEOEMS01Z

It was dead easy for me.

Best of luck to you, and stay healthy,
David

Hi, I bought a NEO Coolcam Sensor(PIR)2. I used the driver of older version: NEO Coolcam Sensor(PIR), resulting in wrong drives state variables:

Current States
battery : 100
illuminance : 785
motion : active
temperature : 26.6

State Variables
wakeUpInterval : 43200 [ok - default value]
configVal1 : 20 [sensitivity level - settings 8-255 - default=12]
configVal2 : 2 [on/off duration - settings 5"-600" - default=30" - value must be larger than Val6]
configVal12 : 1 [ok -default value]
configVal4 : 15 [PIR detecting - settings 0 (disable) or 255 (enable) - default=255]
configVal6 : 30 [re-trigger interval - settings 1-8 - default=8]
configVal7 : 1 [light sensor polling interval - settings 60"-36000" - default=180" - must be less than Val2]
configVal9 : 100 [ok -default value]
refreshConfig : false
refreshSensors : true
reportedTemp : 26.6
configVal11 : 1 [ok -default value]
configVal99 : 1000 [ok -default value]
configVal10 : 180 [ambient temperature differential report - settings 0-127 - defaul=5]

Is there a way to manually change those values? Is there a (custom) driver for this device?

Hugo.

Hello, why the battery is always show 100%... Doesn't show battery status?

Thanks

Hi. I installed my NEO Coolcam motion detector a few months ago and the battery is stil at 100% too. Depending on how frequently the sensor is activated it can last a year or two, I've read. No idea if there is measurement flaw.

Battery monitoring is notoriously unreliable.
I’ve 2 x Neo Contact sensors which showed 100% for 13 months and are now showing 94%
If you’re concerned, you can find Apps like “Device Watchdog” to keep an eye on their state. :+1:t3:

1 Like

Hello, battery level weighs on new driver? Or it's yet impossible?

Thanks