Need to restart hub frequently

Continuing the discussion from Hub mesh architecture considerations:

1 Like

Woah! That’s very frequent. If your hub requires restarts twice a day, I would first work out why that is using help from support.

Something (misbehaving device or inefficient automation) is hammering your hub very hard, and my experience was that @bobbyD can help resolve such issues.

To return to your original question, I have Xiaomi-compatible repeaters on one Hubitat, and all my zwave devices and non-Xiaomi compatible repeaters on another.

2 Likes

@evan.durgin I agree with @aaiyar here, something is really hammering your hub. Are you seeing anything obvious (errors) in your Logs (past Logs)? Care to elaborate what are the symptoms that make you think your hub needs to be restarted? Is it freezing, devices stop updating, the hub's led is red?

If you'd like us to further investigate, please send me a private message with your hub's MAC address (or email us at support@hubitat.com).

2 Likes

I haven't restarted mine in weeks. Still haven't installed 2.2.4 as I probably will reboot when I do that. Waiting for most of the other little issues to shake out before I install it.

2 Likes

The only time I restart my hub is when new firmware updates are released, and the update process does a reboot.

Well, some devices seem to require the hub to be next to them when they are paired, so I did a bunch of shutdown/reboots when I moved the hub around during migration of everything from my C-5 to the C-7. Except for the past two weeks, it’s very rare that the hub gets rebooted.

2 Likes

This. Or some event like a power outage longer than a few hours.