Need to reset everything

I basically need to reset everything associated with a Hubitat. The physical hub, my accounts, everything. The system is so messed up right now, it is completely non-functional. How do I go about doing a complete reset and starting everything from scratch?

It is near the top of this docs page, how to do a full reset.
You will have to factory reset and pair each individual z-wave and zigbee device to get them back online.

When done, do not restore a backup and you will be factory fresh.

https://docs2.hubitat.com/en/user-interface/advanced-features/soft-reset

A reset would likely not fix the problems you may have. If you have issues with one type of devices, you can individually reset the radios. Other than that, if you could elaborate on what is messed up, we could probably help you get the system stable so you don't have to waste your time to start over from scatch.

One of the problems is that my email addresses and passwords are so screwed up that I want to start everythingfrom scratch with a brand new account.

And after weeks of trying, I have never been able to get the Phone app to say anything other than No Hubs Found.

I need to start over with fresh everything. All this is particularly frustrating, because I don’t think I’m a dummy. I have been a network manager, have 15 years of home automation experience, and been a programmer in three or four languages and this thing is still beating my β– β– β–  off.

If I do a factory reset, and login with a brand new email address and password, is that all going to send me back to the very beginning?

Changing the email wouldn't send you back from the beginning, but a reset will. Send me a private message and will help you out to replace the email.

2 Likes

I did a soft reset, created a new account, logged in, found my hub, displayed the screen with info on it, went to Hub Details, everything looks good. However, at the bottom of the page, It says Email, and then has the wrong email address. Also, just above that it says I can mange this account by clicking on a link in the words "My Account". If I click on that, it takes me to a page that is labeled "Registered Hubs", and helpfully says that There are no hubs associated with email - , and then lists yet another incorrect address.

Even with all this, I can go to Find Hubs and select the hub shows the hub and I can connect to it.

I don't understand any of this.

Did you de-register the hub from the old email? Once it is registered it is locked into that email until deregistered. If you have no way to log into that account support should be able to deregister it for you. Did you PM BobbyD as requested above?

I will try to help you better understand how everything is tied together. First of all, the hub doesn't require an account or the hub to be "registered".

The registration is a function of the cloud services that Hubitat provides to enable users access to additional features such as logging into my.hubitat.com, using the Hubitat Mobile apps, subscribing a hub to Hub Protect, using the new migration tool that was released with the C-8 hub. Registration is also required to use third party cloud services such as Amazon Alexa, Google Home, etc. There are some cloud services that do not require a registration. These services include updating the hub, using remote access to Dashboards and Maker API.

The process of registering a hub is completed during the initial setup of a hub. During the onboarding process, users are prompted to create an account at my.hubitat.com. The email address that is first used becomes the admin account for the hub. This account is then linked to your local hub.

Managing an admin account (the account that a hub is registered with) is done from my.hubitat.com. You can access Registered Hubs on my.hubitat.com from your local hub by navigating to Settings >> Hub Details. Alternatively you can go directly to my.hubitat.com and on the main page (My Account) you'd need to select "Registered Hubs" which will take you to the same page that you can access from your Hub Details. If you created multiple accounts for different emails, only the first account you've used will display the registered hubs. Additional accounts would not be able to "see" the hubs on my.hubitat.com.

In the event that the initial account was not the one you meant to use with the hub, or if you ever need to replace the admin account, you can only do so from my.hubitat.com by following the instructions in this post: Replace Admin from my.hubitat.com.

If you need to reset the password for the admin account, a user can do so from the main page on my.hubitat.com by following the "Forgot Password?" link.

If for some reason a user is unable to reset the password, then a warranty case should be created by visiting below page. (since you sent me a private message you don't have to create a case, right now - I will follow up with you in private)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.