Need to have a device to trigger an event

I am using a Logitech Circleview doorbell with HomeKit. I have a virtual switch to tell rule machine when motion is detected. When I bought it I thought I would be able to do a virtual switch to trigger when someone pushed the doorbell. The doorbell doesn't seem to have the capability to trigger an event when the button is pushed. It is a wired doorbell so I was thinking that I could put a device that would be triggered like a wired chime would be triggered. Any ideas what I could use for this, would some type of relay work?

This is designed specifically to do just what you're asking for.

Remember, if you elect to use a relay or contact sensor of some sort, Doorbell voltage is typically AC, not DC. 24VAC normally.

S

Perfect, Thanks!

Agree with @scottgu3 the Sage device works great. I have had one installed for several years now and have had no issue with it other than the fact it doesn’t provide battery reporting. But this said I converted it to mains power with a step down converted from 5V usb power.

@ritchierich, which step-down converter did you use? Thanks

See this old post of mine. Bottom picture is the Sage device:

Having the ability to pull the “battery” comes in handy when you need to reset the device. There are links to usb wires on Amazon with the buck step down converter built into the wire. Believe there is a link to it in the thread above.

1 Like