Need some help with Qubino flush 1D relay

Hi! First post here and new to HE so please let me know if I should post this elsewhere.

I'm trying to use the Flush 1D relay to control a garage door but then also take advantage of the extra input (I2) to use a hardwired contact sensor to report status. I'm using @ericm driver along with the contact sensor child driver.

The problem I seem to have is that the child is not reporting status (like the other contact sensors I've paired report their status on the device screen). I don't get any open or closed status. I can add it in rule machine and tried to make it trigger a lamp for testing but nothing. I've changed it from NO to NC and that also did not have any effect. I'm also hard wiring I2 so I know it is not a bad sensor. Looking at the debug log I get the following when opening/closing the contact I2:

Parse returned [null]
Device: Unhandled: NotificationReport(v1AlarmType:0, v1AlarmLevel:0, reserved:0, notificationStatus:255, notificationType:7, event:8, sequence:false, eventParametersLength:0, eventParameter:[])
Parse returned []
SensorBinaryReport: SensorBinaryReport(sensorValue:null, sensorType:null)

So far in initial testing everything else about the relay seems to work. I can operate the relay via HE as well as physically. The delay function responds well. I added the temp sensor and that also seems to be OK. So for now, it seems to be the child sensor what is giving me trouble. Excluding and re-including the device does not seem to make a difference (FYI... it does not pick up the correct driver automatically so I have to change it manually. After "saving preferences" the child sensor is added.)

Thanks for any help/direction.

Contact Support@hubitat.com to get your registration adjusted to be "owner" - to get the edit rights you need.

The Qubino Flush 1D manual shows I2 is a switch/contact (sensor) that controls the relay too (same as I1)

I see nothing that implies it works the way you describe. There is a temp sensor input as well, a separate socket, for a standard Temp Sensor, which seems to operate the way you describe.. via a child driver.

Thanks for the tip about getting changing the registration to owner. I'll do that.

Regarding the Qubino, on the wiring diagrams, I2 is used with a wired contact sensor and it states "Remotely control gate motors and remotely check the state of door sensor (if the door is open/closed)" That is what I'm hoping to be able to do. Worst case, I know I can just pair a separate wireless contact sensor if it comes to it. Again, thanks for the reply!

I gotta try me one of those :slight_smile:

Wired contact sensors are cheap.

Wonder if the Aeon Nano version of this does the same.

I second this. I have the flush1 as well to be used for a magentic lock. I wanted to hook a momentary switch to it and read the status to cutoff the relay for ten seconds. I haven't gone back to finish that project yet and I used the 2 relay driver as well. Will be following this thread to see if you get it working!

How are you powering it? From mains power or 24VDC? Is the contact sensor your are working with also rated for 24VDC?

I’m running it with 24vdc but for now I’m just using a wire to close the contact.

I’m starting to think is the problem is that the child device handler is not complete. Looking through the ST documentation regarding device handlers and parent-child devices, it seems there should be more “stuff” in the child.

Another observation... on the debug log on the first post... there is a spot that says “event:8” this actually changes between 7 and 8 in a predictable manner when opening/closing I2. I think this means the relay is able to provide status, it just not being handled correctly.

Anyway, I’ve been trying a few things with the code but with zero Groovy/java experience and being new to ST/HE this will take time... unless someone with more knowledge jumps in to help :grin:

It seems like the Sensor binary report is coming in with null values. This is what the driver uses to detect an open / closed status on i2. I've tried to change that to use v1 in the driver so you can try that out.

If it doesn't work, we could probably use the notification report.

Update -

Eric, I tried the updated driver and it did not seem to change much. I was planning on spending some time to make sure this was not an error on my part; however, I noticed a recent Hubitat update that included the Flush 1D driver. I tried this instead and it works quite well.

Some observations on the new built in driver:

1. At first I was getting some strange readings for the temperature (~420 ambient). After power cycling the relay this went away. Probably hardware related.

2. The state variables don't seem to refresh after saving. Pressing "configure" or "refresh" don't seem to make a difference. Navigating away from the page or saving again seems to do the trick. Initially I was a little confused because I thought changes were not taking.

3. Personal preference... the time settings for auto off/on are a drop down that shows preset seconds/minutes/hours. These are then converted to the numerical equivalent in seconds (when sent to the relay) along with the units (seconds or milliseconds). So, selecting a setting of "2minutes" along with milliseconds for the units becomes 120 milliseconds. I would rather have a text field for entry. Anyway, not a big deal as there are enough options that this is non-issue.

Overall... this seems to be working as intended and now the next step is to install and see how it does long term. Thanks everyone who helped and to the developers who added this to the latest Hubitat release. I'm really looking forward to continue building on this.

I ended up using the notification report for detection of the i2 terminal since Hubitat isn't properly parsing sensorbinary reports. Glad you are happy with the built in driver though. :wink: