Need ideas for 12v valve with reverse polarity

Hi, I am trying to figure out the best way to wire a 12v open close valve. The probelm I am having is that the switch is DPDT and reverses polarity to open & close. The valve also has a reed switch to display a light if it is open. I have a sonoff SV, a sonoff 4ch PRO, a sonoff inching relay, a mimo2+ and a Qubino flush shutter DC that I could use on this project but none seem to fit the bill.

I have the Qubino working in a similar fashion for a window shade but it does not have a way to show the reed switch state (that I know of anyway). It looks like the mimo2+ can work in this exact operation (open & close a garage door) with status but does not reverse polarity. The website mentions you can do it with two batteries but does not say how.

I thought about using the mimo2+ as one channel for open and one for close but Im not sure how the reed switch would function in this setting.

I suppose the 4ch pro could be setup the same way but again not sure about the reed switch.

Any input would be helpful. Thanks

I built something similar for my Mains water valve project maybe take a look.

Bump to ask if you finally arrived at a workable solution and if you can share it.

Zooz Zen17 came out after the original post, and may be a fit for driving a reversible 12V valve.

1 Like