Need help with motion light logic

I have a rule to turn on my garage light when the motion activates, but I'm trying to create a rule to keep it on for 20 minutes after activity ends (in case the sensor can't detect me because of an obstruction). I also want it to stay on if I leave the garage door open. This allows me to work on my car in case the motion sensor can't detect motion within the 20 minutes timer.

My current rule doesn't seem to work. After 20 minutes, the light turns off (it does not seem to cancel on re-activation). After the 20 minute timer expires, any motion detected afterwards turns the light on via my first rule, but once motion goes inactive the light turns off immediately. The timer does not seem to restart.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

I think you want cancel delayed actions rather than cancel timed actions.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it is a cancel delayed action. I just meant the delay timer is set to 20 minutes.

Oh, I see what you're talking about. But that should only affect the rule when I open the garage door (to keep the light on).

I see that now, I can't see how an off would even occur outside of at least the original 20 minutes. Have you tried Motion Lighting, it should be able to do this for you?

I have not checked out Motion Lighting since I didn't even know it was there. I'll see if that will do what I want. Thanks!