Need help getting this RM 4 Rule to Cancel the Repeat

I tried this rule w/o the PB and it would just keep turning the VS on so... the way it's currently coded, the PB is required. It gives me a way to differentiate between the 2 states to satisfy the IF-THEN vs. ELSE-IF.

Here is the log for the same rule with only the 1 trigger, as you can see, it continues to repeat even after the VS is turned off, until I paused it.

Here is the same rule with the VS is Off as a second trigger

So unless I am missing something Ryan is correct, the VS is Off is required. The rule stopped once I turned off the VS.

Now to be completely honest, this makes no F-ing sense to me. If you have a look at the rule, I have a third condition "Sunday" because I only want this to trigger 1 day per week, the day before trash day and guess what, Sunday is not required to be part of the trigger.

Here is the current rule, that does cancel when the VS is turned off. I would be open to having it written a different way if it makes it easier to create, edit and maintain since I use this exact format in a couple of rules and easy is well... good

Thanks again

You are missing something. :slight_smile: As written, yours needs that trigger. But you're doing something different from Bruce's examples, where the conditional is inside the repeat (or is a simple conditional on the repeat itself). If what you have works, no need to change it, but that's the difference. The check needs to be in or on the repeat, otherwise indeed nothing can stop it without another trigger (or other workaround, like another rule stopping this one, but I digress).

So to close this out, where would you put the condition so it can be removed from the trigger?

Rick

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.