Native Homekit integration & HSM?

Thanks for the Info everyone, I already use some of these work arounds with homebridge ie. Door locks so I don't have to confirm. My main reason for wanting HSM in the built in app is for notifications. Not for me but for other family members. HomeKit gives me its own notifications of HSM status or alarm triggers in a really easy to know what's happening way. Alarm gets set off HomeKit sends an actual alert message stuff like that, that I don't have to setup Also when manually setting the alarm with an iPhone and HomeKit it's really straight forward. Just figured if we can get HSM built in with homebridge integration it would be pretty easy to have this with a built in app. It's also pretty cool to get HSM alerts and status on the TV's without having to use workarounds You can also use Siri HomePods all that stuff to set alarm with away mode home mode night mode all that jazz.

1 Like

In Home app, HSM appears under "Security" as Alarm

When tapped, it presents the HSM modes as off, home, away

And when you go to settings you see some basic rules you can turn on

You have a few options for controlling HSM with HomeKit. If all your presence sensors are iPhones, then you can simply let HomeKit manage HSM for you. But if you have additional presence sensors, then you will have to decide on a solution that works best for you. This can manifest as rules that turn switches on/off when certain people leave/arrive, and use a Hubitat rule to manage presence based on the state of those switches, or some other variation that works similarly.

At this time, there is not way for Hubitat to import HomeKit managed devices, and I don't know if that is even possible with HomeKit. If you create a virtual presence sensor, and expose it via Make API, you can even create rules that make API calls to Hubitat directly to sync them with the HomeKit presence devices via HomeKit rules. This is quite a bit more complex, and I don't recommend it unless you really want to dig deep into complex HomeKit automations. But with all the options available due to the flexible nature of HomeKit, I am sure you can find a solution that works well for you.

I’ve bridged HSM to HomeKit via a custom app and homebridge, but it would be really nice if I could scrap those and get HSM via the official HomeKit integration

The HSM Alarm is not automatically added to the Hubuitat HomeKit bridge, in fact, I don't see anyway to toggle it on for HomeKit. I'm running 2.3.4.134 version and there isn't a way to enable this. If there is a way, please let me know. I, like the others, have kept Homebridge up and running for HSM integration.
I do like the native implementation without keeping my server running 24/7....even though I have it on all the time, but one more failure item I want to remove.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.