MyQ integration with hubitat

So, I have a very basic question. I have the MyQ hub and the tilt sensor that came with it on the garage door. I saw there is a device driver and apps to integrate MyQ with Hubitat. To be able to tell if the door is closed or open the instructions state that a tilt sensor or a contact sensor is required. Is the MyQ supplied tilt sensor considered acceptable or do I need to purchase a signed or zwave tilt /contact sensor?

Ideally, you'd use a zigbee/z-wave tilt or contact sensor.

Iris v1 contact sensors are cheap if you want to ebay some cheap contact sensors.

If you have an alarm panel that is supported on HE, you can also buy GE Caddx or Honeywell wireless tilt sensors. I use the Caddx ones with my Elk M1 Gold. They are way more reliable and the battery lasts way longer than a zwave or zigbee sensor.

Thank you for your feedback !

Final option is to use the Hubitat-IFTTT link. IFTTT receives the open/close state from MyQ. This can be used to send on/off to Hubitat devices. I believe the current MyQ driver supports this (has capability switch and the on/off commands that set the door to open/closed).

Where can I find this driver? I have been looking for it this morning

Here you go:

You need to install the driver and then you need to install the app. Don't create a virtual device with the driver, install the app and it will create the device.

so i installed the app and driver and when i create it shows

nstallation Details:

There was a problem updating devices: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'deviceNetworkId' on null object. Line number: 609 Last successful step: Sensor Indexing

So i cant control it on the dashbord no unlock or lock as it didnt build the tile and i cant pick a tile

Please help

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.