MyQ Chamberlain Garage Door

I'm suddenly getting a CLOSING STATUS on 1 of my sensors even though the door is closed. This has worked flawlessly up to this point but last night, this 'closing' status came up. Despite refreshes and even opening the door myself - no change. The MyQ sees the correct status (I still have the myQ sensors on the doors). I'm using the Samsung Multi-sensor bottom half as the door sensors. I have 2 doors, the other, is fine. Any ideas?

And now the other door shows opened when it's not. Things are rapidly deteoriating. :frowning:

Did some refreshes and see this:

2020-11-30 04:13:41.304 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_Momentary_Button_Tile_398.getMyQDeviceId() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (getMyQDeviceId)

dev:2162020-11-30 04:13:41.228 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_Momentary_Button_Tile_398.getMyQDeviceId() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (getMyQDeviceId)

dev:2142020-11-30 04:13:41.126 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_Momentary_Button_Tile_398.getMyQDeviceId() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (getMyQDeviceId)

dev:2132020-11-30 04:13:40.989 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_brbeaird_Momentary_Button_Tile_398.getMyQDeviceId() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (getMyQDeviceId)

I just have to say that it's good to finally be in a household where there are only us DINKs.

She can do all the crafting she wants and I have my side hobbies (and there are many.) HA is the cheapest by far.

Is anybody else having issues with the MyQ Lite app?

I just tried it a moment ago from my dashboard when I saw your post, and it worked fine.

Hubitat C-7 on 2.2.4.158
LiftMaster garage door opener 8365-267,
LM828LM Internet Gateway
MyQ Lite v3.1.3 (app)
MyQ Garage Door Opener v3.1.1 (driver)
Sensor version of MyQ Lite,
Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 for door sensor

I believe that the correct thread to raise such a question is this one:

2 Likes

Has anyone a lot smarter than me looked into this myq-api - npm?

I really would like to get the door status working. IFTTT is not cutting it for me anymore. Cheers!

Try Dominic Meglio’s (@dman2306’s) port of Brian Beaird’s SmartThings code. It works perfectly if you add a Contact Sensor. Installs with Hubitat Package Manager. See my post just above for my configuration, but it pretty much works for everyone:

Also worked perfectly on my now-retired C-5.

Thanks.
I have the SmartThings Multi-sensors acting as garage door sensors, MyQ Lite with Chamberlain garage door openers. Is the suggestion to remove MyQ lite and install this new code?

Certainly not my suggestion. You seemed to be replying to me. I was replying to @brian.3dge, who seemed to be having trouble, so I suggested he try the MyQ Lite port by Dominic Meglio, which is what most Hubitat users, including me, use with their Chamberlain / LiftMaster MyQ openers.

lol, i will not hold you responsible, i promise. I was trying to understand those who were using the previous MyQ Lite, the steps taken to start using the new one.

OK so removed and reinstalled everything. Got excited when adding the tiles to my dashboard (for weeks they have just reported CLOSING even though they were opened, etc). I pushed the buttons to open the doors, they said OPENING, and opened (i'm getting happy) but THEN after they opened, they showed CLOSED on the dashboard. I have the SmartThings contact sensors. I chose them per the instructions and did CREATE OPEN/CLOSE. I also installed the driver saying i have the tilt sensors AND i have in the devices page in each sensor listed as garage door sensors but still this. Any body having this problem or can tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Actually I think it's an issue with the sensors. I'll get back to you when i go look at them.

Its working, the ST sensors on the doors needed new batteries which reminds me how much trouble I have with battery reporting on the HE

1 Like

You can set up a batteries Dashboard, and also get notifications on low batteries. Plus, battery events are supposedly fixed with today’s 2.2.5 firmware update. I’m working my way through my pile of bug reports that I have submitted, and, so far, everything seems to have been addressed.

Yep, it looks like I need to replace a couple of batteries.

Yours is attractive. However, I like Hubigraphs and Notifications using ES for this.

2 Likes

You clearly have more free time than I do.

Ok, cool. I have this dashboard setup with everything that has a battery. Do I create Rules in rules machine for each (hope not) or setup notifications individually?

If you want pain, you could set up Rule Machine.
If you want simple and easy, do Notifications.

You can, after you choose Battery Level as the type of notifier, check off the batteries for which you want notifications, or flip the switch to get them all.

I’ve only created a single notifier to monitor checked batteries. If you want a different threshold for each battery or groups of batteries, you need a notifier for each threshold. If you are really OCD, I guess you could do one notifier for a warning threshold and another for a critical threshold.

1 Like

If it's helpful, I am running this MyQ Lite v3.1.3 app for the past two months and it's been flawless. Prior to this I was playing wack a mole with Homebridge MyQ plug-ins and the fact Chmaberlain kept changing their MyQ API every couple weeks which broke the plug-in. The MyQ Lite app for HE has been rock solid for months, knock on wood.

MyQ Lite (v3.1.3)

1 Like