My meshed hubs lost sight of each other!

I have thee HE hubs (all C5s), which up until yesterday were meshed just fine - with automations running across them. The 'main' hub does all the lutron integration, whereas the other two hubs manage IKEA blinds that are too far from the 'main' hub to see.

Yesterday I had a bit of an issue with the network, which eventually caused me to reset the network switch and VLAN configuration. That is now fixed - but none of the hubs can see each other. They all report ;

'There are no other active hubs on the local network.'

I've been looking at the logs and the IP addresses are the same. They are still on the same network VLAN and I can access them all from my laptop (on a separate VLAN, but fully routable). They just can't see each other!

Is there a way of forcing each hub to go look for other hubs? Or find out what they are expecting to see? They've been up now for about 12 hours now. Without them seeing any other hubs I don't have the option to see if TCP or UDP makes any difference (the options aren't there!)

Help!

You don't mention it but I assumed you tried re-booting all your hubs.

1 Like

At least one of them yes (everything got rebooted alot yesterday), I'll try the others but I don't hold out much hope.

And just to make me look stupid.... This time when I rebooted them, they all immediately saw each other!

It would be interesting to know what happens on boot up that obviously hadn't happened before. Or maybe add a 'search' button to find other hubs?

1 Like

The C-4's would just stop communicating if the network dropped and got restored - at least that was the behavior of both of mine. It's better with the C-5/C-7. I wonder if you can reproduce by just turning off the switch temporarily. Would be good to know if this is potential "gotcha" behavior. Thanks for mentioning it!

I know this is an old thread but literally just happened to me! My C-4 died and I have finally replaced it with a C-5 and could not see the hubs until I rebooted both.

It would be nice if we had the option of putting in an IP address of a hub and have it be "found" that way...

2 Likes

I’ve seen this happen (rarely) with other multicast services.

1 Like