Must I replicate Mode Manager's time of day rules in Rule Manager?

That's my question: is there a way to directly change the Mode that I have overlooked? I couldn't find any methods to do that. Or are the Mode Manager and Rule Manager the only way?

Same as previous conversation: https://github.com/jorhett/hubitat-abode/blob/master/AbodeAlarm.groovy

Only an app can change mode, drivers cannot change mode. And that is done via the location object. Location Object - Hubitat Documentation

No, any app can change mode.

:man_facepalming: Thanks for the clue by four. I totally overlooked that, because I don't think of Modes and Locations as related :frowning: totally my bad.

1 Like

Sorry I made a virtual button, but how can I connect that button to Return from Away ? Maybe I'm being dumb... but I can't find it.

There is not directly a way to trigger Return from Away logic in Mode Manager with a button per se. You could use a virtual presence device, and have its arrival trigger Return from Away by listing it as one of the presence sensors for that option.

Like this:

Question becomes, who/what controls the virtual presence device? It can be controlled by RM using Custom Action, as it has two commands to do that:

1 Like