Music player Tile on dashboard help

I'm trying to understand what attributes the music payer tile shows, for some reason my title show next, previous, volume, mute and something else the present a label with an unknown value, and when I click on it make a call to the off function but wont toggle just call off, add a toggle function to the driver with the same result.
please if someone can clarify?

1 Like

What device are you trying to use the tile to control?

For example I use mine to control my Sonos devices. If yours is Sonos start the track once in Sonos to get the data into the tile.

1 Like

Play, pause, next, previous, volume, name, album

1 Like

There isn't an off function on a music tile... Mute? Pause?

1 Like

when I click on the unknown label it call the off () function on my driver

:thinking: :point_up_2:

1 Like

a driver that I wrote for myself

MonoPrice 6 zone Whole home amp Driver

2 Likes

Interesting approach.

Have you tried using the "virtual music device"? by @Cobra (I hope this is OK to share now, I love it!).

You may have better luck with that since you can control the track listing and other settings in the device page. You can then link the action to your device, via RM. I think it will work better for you. Check out my post on it here.

1 Like

I will take a look I being heirign about @cobra on other stuff, I got an account but didn't do anything else maybe is time for a second look

1 Like

If you wanted it to interact with your device directly you would need to supply the track data to the tile somehow remove the 'unknown'. You can make any custom track name like 'Playing' and then you will see the play/pause button and be able to map that. However it a still might not work, because your amp is not a 'music player'. It has no play/pause.

@cobra would know a lot more about it than I.

Either way I think his virtual device would be better so you could add 1 per zone to map volumes and such.

1 Like

all this a work around music player is the close thing to what I need. I being providing some track data but nothing take the unknown off I got to read more there is something I'm missing.

Your driver needs to present the attribute: "trackDescription" to remove the ‘unknown’ from the tile
The tile expects this attribute

Andy

2 Likes

@Cobra thanks Andy that was it i was under the impression that if you add the [capability "MusicPlayer" ] you will get all the attributes that come with it but i was wrong now i could even use the trackDescription to show selected source that will be perfect I just it was a on/off or toggle option on the title.

1 Like

You can put any text into the attribute and send it as as event. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is out of beta and has been moved to 'New Stuff'
There is now also an option to increase/decrease slave volume by a fixed number

Andy

1 Like

Is there a way to remove or hide any of these on the media player tile?

I'm using it with Sonos but would like to remove the mute button and song title, artist name etc. To make it less cluttered.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

There will be, I suggest you post your question on the CSS topic....

Thanks. Have posted there now. :+1:t2:

1 Like

I'd add, if I had more time I expect this is possible, just need to identify the elements you want and to list them..... I was mainly wanting to offload the effort for others to contribute :slight_smile: )

1 Like