Multisensor Motion, Light Temperature (Zooz, Trisensor, Fibaro, Hue)

Reporting back. Went with the Hue Sensor, and it works really well. At first I though the Illuminance sensor wasn’t working (like many here), but it kicked on after almost a day. I don’t know how accurate, but I can use it relatively (and having an offset for the Temp sensor is a nice feature as well). I think ultimately I will mount it above the en suite door facing inwards. It looks too much like a camera In the washroom though, unfortunately. Lol. But hiding it more may interfere with the occupancy aspect (as I realized I need it to do more than JUST sense when someone walks in.

I paired it with two Zooz Zen27 to act as a pseudo “three-way” dimmer switch since our Vanity Lights and Bathroom pots We’re on separate switches. That turned out to be a bonus, as now I can select which lights and levels based on Illuminance and time of day. Programmed with Motion Lighting App and Rule Machine. Reprogrammed the off (bottom) switch to always turn off both lights which is logical when someone exits (or they can turn off due to non-occupancy). These dimmers work very well so far with my older Phillips non-Hue LED pot lights with a large dimming range.

Overall sweet and thank you to the community for getting me going in the right direction!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.