Multiple Hubs with Alexa

I've been using Hubitat A with Alexa with no issues, I'm adding an additional Hubitat (Hubitat B) at a different location and want to control devices with Alexa at that location, how can I get Alexa to see my devices on Hubitat B, it seems to only see my 'A' devices

I've added the skill to Hubitat B

please advise

thanks

use hub connect on Hubitat B. Then expose the devices on Hubitat B from hub connect to Amazon Echo on Hubitat A

2 Likes

The simplest way would be to use a secondary Alexa account at the second location.

2 Likes

There are a few threads about this.. with various ideas.

But I agree with @aaiyar.

1 Like

I know HubConnect allows sharing devices across different networks but would that not require network connectivity between the two sites? VPN tunnel or something?

No done through Hubitat cloud

1 Like

Didn’t realize that HubConnect could use the Hubitat cloud. How does that work?

1 Like

Hub Connect not Hub Mesh... right?

1 Like

Same process that HE connects to ST which is happening via OAuth and HE cloud. It’s been a long while but I remember an option to choose local LAN or Remote connection in the settings.

Hubconnect would be required since it supports remote hub connections. Hub Mesh has to be on same LAN though a VPN connection could solve this.

3 Likes

Yeah I tried to go down that path but had difficulty with multicasting and vpn.. same issue with Sonos. :frowning_face:

2 Likes