Multiple Duplicate Commands Being Sent

As seen in the screenshot, the Desk Lamp received multiple copies of the same set of commands when the Evening Rule was invoked at sunset. Only the Evening Rule app was invoked at that time, and no other rule was run simultaneously. Has anyone else experienced this?

What driver are you using for the device? This looks more like a logging issue than an actual command issue. The commands are only 0.004s apart. That's way to fast to be actually receiving actual messages. 4ms? I wish it could issue multiple commands that fast!

Also, can you post a copy of your rule?

Copy of rule as requested:

Yup...you are setting the desk light to 100%, then you are setting it to warm white at 100%. So, I'm not surprised that you're seeing it twice in the logs. You're performing the command twice. Also, I would recommend setting the color temp if you are looking for Warm White rather than an RGB color. You'll get a lot better performance that way.

I previously had a number of situations where I saw duplicate commands in the logs.
I think that it had to do with "phantom" nodes in my zwave mesh.
These were devices that were removed from HE via "force remove" , but were still around (and kicking). If they are not connected to power, you should have no problem getting rid of them with the PC Controller program (see other threads for details). If they are still connected, you may have to physically remove them from power (or really exclude them).

Thanks. Let me try the light warmness setting

And remove the setting of the level in addition to the CT and level. You only have to set the level once.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.