MS-104z Zigbee wall switch

Please could I demonstrate my naivety.

My electrician just installed my first of 16 Zigbee Switch MS-104z into wall switch units.

The prove the system we tested that two way switching still works in each room; the unit beeped and was paired with HE without issue and now appears in the dashboard but is unresponsive. I did post this into our FB group as I was unable to include any images in here.

Is it possible that I could be using the incorrect driver ? I set this up as a "Switch" was this correct ?

This device should work with the generic zigbee switch driver.
After changing to this driver, be sure to hit configure.
Please report if that driver works with this device.

Thank you Mike, this was indeed the solution. Everyday is a school day :wink:

Can you look at event history for the driver named Device in the logs?, I'm looking for a log line starting with fingerprint, then I can update the driver for this device.

I have the same device - Is this the info your'e after?
MS-104Z Zigbee in-wall switch
ID: 9F2C
Manufacturer: _TYZB01_iuepbmpv
Product Name:
Model Number: TS0121
deviceTypeId: 14
more...
manufacturer : _TYZB01_iuepbmpv
idAsInt : 1
inClusters : 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0702,0B04
endpointId : 01
profileId : 0104
application : 43
outClusters : 0019
initialized : true
model : TS0121
stage : 4

1 Like

Hi Guys, Now that I have received my C7 I need to get these back into pairing mode, does anyone know how to achieve this without rewiring them ? Wouldn't it be great to be able to backup and restore from C5 to C7 :wink:
Many thanks
Paul

Sorry can't help here.
Last time I re-paired one, it was wired up on a bench.
Only thing I could think of, is unpair from c5, turn switch on/off 3x during discovery mode on c7

Hi @Paul-King Did you figure out how to get these into pairing mode..?

Just paired one of these, MS-104Z, had it grab a different driver, so...

FYI: Device Discovery

ID: 219A
Manufacturer: _TYZB01_iuepbmpv
Product Name:
Model Number: TS0121
deviceTypeId: 929
more...
manufacturer : _TYZB01_iuepbmpv
idAsInt : 1
inClusters : 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0702,0B04
endpointId : 01
profileId : 0104
application : 43
outClusters : 0019
initialized : true
model : TS0121
stage : 4

What is this, a switch? And it's working with which driver?

Yes, it's a Tuya MS-104Z Zigbee Switch Module.
Works with Generic Zigbee Switch driver.
Pretty much the same as the op's, but slightly different...?

1 Like

its the same device, there was a typo in the fingerprint that I added, this will be fixed in platform 2.2.4

1 Like

Hi Paul
Can I ask if you used the phone app for pairing the 104, or did you just use the reset button / beep procedure ?
I just received one of these switches but cannot pair it to my hub.
Would appreciate your insight.
Thanks
Hardy

This is the procedure that worked to reset my MS-104Z.

ok. Thanks. Sorry for my ignorance but this is my first device and I've never played with zigbee before.
Is there a specific order to start pairing ? Trigger the hub first or the device ? Does it matter ?
I get the beeps going on the switch but the pairing screen stays empty.
Does the hub need to be connected to the internet ? I thought these run standalone.

Thanks again

ok. Seems that the reset procedure for this switch is not documented. But I got it now and it is detected by the Hubitat.

Next question - I dont seem to be able to do anything with it. I tried some rules to use switch states set the modes, tried the buttons on the web page showing the device, also tried enabling debug and watching for events.
I dont have the exact device available in the list, and there is one Tuya device that I've used to try and make something work. (Tuya Zigbee Scene Switch)
I can see that the device states, number of buttons is reported as 2, which is correct.
Actually, it's 2 switches and 2 relays.
I saw some custom code but no idea how to set it up. Dont know if it helps. ( zigbee2mqtt dot io slash devices slash MS-104Z.html )

Suggestions please anyone ?

I have mine set to generic zigbee switch or even the NUE zigbee switch. Both these should work.
Press configure after you have made a driver change!

You're a legend. Thank you.
The generic worked but could not see the 2 endpoints (switches) in this device.
NUE switch does and seems right.
Thanks again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.