Moving over from VeraPlus

This looks promising, just ordered one to try. I've currently got VeraPlus and spent a lot of time learning the pleg plug-in, I use it to do almost everything.

When rules and triggers are not enough what do use with HE? What should I be trying to learn in advance of getting one?

I've got a few devices I did not see in the wiki, can I control these?
Yale YRD-220 z-wave lock
Aeotec doorbell module ZW056
Meross WiFi mini 15amp plugs

I've seen several mentions of third-party drivers and modifying them, where are these drivers, is there a list?

Thanks

I have a Yale and the Aeon Doorbell.

For the doorbell, I'm using @krlaframboise driver:

I'm pretty sure I have a defective device and sorry that I didn't jump on a chance to return it.

There's a built-in driver for the Aeon Doorbell.

@csteele What driver are you using for the Yale lock?

@krlaframboise
Does the AEON driver work with the Aeotec doorbell?

I'm using the Generic ZWave Door Lock (native/built in)

As to the Aeon Doorbell.. Kevin's driver exposed more options and at least as important, was Source for me to try stuff out. I'm pretty positive I could use the built in, now that I went thru the debugging via source code.

Yes, the built-in driver works with the doorbell. To play a sound, select the device as an audio or TTS device and enter the track number as the message.

The link you posted won't work with the Aeon Doorbell because that's a handler for the Aeon Siren.

I removed the doorbell driver from GitHub several months ago because the built-in handler has all of the same functionality.

The built-in driver for the Aeon Siren doesn't have the same functionality as mine which is why I left that driver on GitHub.

Sorry, @krlaframboise my mistake. I saw I was using yours and got sloppy on finding it on github. :frowning:

1 Like

Got my HE hub today, and almost everything moved over. I really like it. :trophy:

5 Likes

Hi, I was thinking of getting a HE hub also and was wondering if you were able to get your Meross plugs working with it?

Are you still looking? There is a way to control Meross devices from HE using Alexa. Also can drive some activity in HE from Meross devices. Ping me if still looking.

do you know to integrate Meross LEDs to HE?

I don't have any Meross lights but I expect you can control them exactly the same way you do with the switches. Use a HE virtual motion switch sensor. Set up a couple of Alexa routines for sensing off /on that are triggered by using the HE virtual motion switch driver. However there will be limitations in only controlling them as on or off. I suppose if you could be bothered you could have loads of virtual switches defined to control intensity and colour but for me that would be too much effort. I have some cheap zigbee lights that HE controls directly.

Thanks sir... I like the switch idea... that works for me... sorry noob here... which driver can I use for a Meross switch?

This is not my driver but I got it from this forum:
Add new driver and add below text.

metadata {
definition (name: "Virtual motion with Switch", namespace: "cw", author: "cwwilson08") {
capability "Sensor"
capability "Motion Sensor"
capability "Switch"
}
}

def on() {
sendEvent(name: "motion", value: "active")
sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on")
}

def off() {
sendEvent(name: "motion", value: "inactive")
sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "off")
}