Motion/Temp/Humidity sensor

Mike: Is the significant difference between the NYCE curtain motion (3045) and the regular motion (3041) just the field of view? I didn't get the "curtain" reference . . .

Yes, If you fetch the manuals for these they include the coverage areas

Yes. I couldn't tell if there was any other difference - I didn't see any. I really like the small size.

Thanks Mike. Is the 5 year battery life also accurate....assuming of course that you've had yours for years.

I cant verify that, they've only been online for 18 months, however in that same 18 months I've replaced plenty of other zigbee device batteries...

1 Like

Uh, DUH! I get it now - the narrow field of view allows you to set it up to detect anyone going through the "curtain" (i.e., breaking the plane). A little slow this morning.

1 Like

Where can you purchase these ?

Just to confirm. Does this require a custom driver or is it supported ?

Already supported, you wont see me recommending devices that aren't. I dont think we have a fingerprint for the hindge sensor.
A complete list of officially supported devices is here.
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=List_of_Supported_Devices

Thanks

@mike.maxwell, thanks for the Nyce recommendation. I got the ceiling mount for my bathroom and it is FINALLY the one stop solution to cover the general room and the shower with one motion sensor. They are a bit expensive but if the battery life is anywhere near their claims, this is worth every penny. Hopefully I can eventually put the humidity sensor to use. I just have to decide how I'm going to make my exhaust fan smart.

1 Like

or

https://github.com/CobraVmax/Hubitat/tree/master/Apps/Super%20Smart%20Fan

or a Stephan Hackett original?

First I need a hardware solution. As with everything in my home, adding smarts is a challenge. The dual gang switch box only has enough room to handle one smart switch safely. So I need to add the zwave/zigbee module in the ceiling which is outside my comfort zone. I'll have to get an electrician and I'm not ready for the investment yet.

@mike.maxwell I wanted to give you a heads up on the built in NYCE Motion Sensor Series driver. They do not report units for humidity or temperature. Came across this while querying my database and these were being flagged with null values in the unit field. Of course this isn't a priority, but please update these to match the other built in drivers for consistency.
Thanks in advance, Stephan

1 Like

Are the Iris V3s as snappy for reporting motion as the V2? And how often do they report humidity?

humidity is every 5 min. Motion is maybe a tad slower.

Does a humidity change ever trigger it to update?

I have two of the V3's. Not nearly as sensitive and not as quick. Humidity seems to work well, which it what I mainly use them for

Hi.
Did the NYCE NCZ-3045-HA ZigBee Curtain Motion Sensor end up working well?
How fast is the motion detection for light controll++ and what other sensor is working for this one?
A tad costy when shipped to Norway, so want to be sure first.
Does the driver support Celcius too?
Thank You all so much for any reply!
Amazing community, I have to say! Great work!
Kind regards
RogerThat
Oslo, Norway