Motion sensor Zooz 4 in 1 v2

I’m not getting motion triggers. It appears the two Sensors I have are detecting motion but it’s not getting to the hub. Also it reads the lumens, but doesnt seem to change the dashboard tile or activate anything when the lighting changes. Like shining a flashlight on the sensor in a dark room doesn’t change anything.

Are you looking at the device details screen to see if it's reporting motion or are you looking at the events tab?

What's the firmware version?

What are you using for the motion re-trigger setting? Does the syncStatus show "Synced" or "x Pending changes"?

Shining a flashlight at the device won't do anything because the device only measures light, temperature, and humidity at 3 minute intervals. This is a hardware setting and can't be changed.

The lux value reported is also a calculation because the device reports light in %. The device reaches 100% around 50 lux so it's not useful at detecting the actual level of light, but it's good enough to determine whether or not a light is needed.

The sensors immediate report the tamper if I open the battery compartment.
I’m not seeing any events showing motions anywhere.
It showed synced

Current States

• battery : 100
  • humidity : 67.62
  • illuminance : 39.23
  • syncStatus : Synced
  • tamper : clear
  • temperature : 80.42

Nothing about motion.

Data * deviceType: 8225

• zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x85,0x59,0x73,0x80,0x71,0x31,0x70,0x84,0x7A,0x98
  • firmwareVersion: 17.9
  • deviceId: 8449
  • manufacturer: 634

State Variables

• configVal15 :
  • configVal14 :
  • wakeUpInterval : 43200
  • humidityOffset : 0
  • configVal2 : 10
  • configVal12 :
  • configVal3 : 10
  • configVal19 :
  • configVal4 : 10
  • configVal18 :
  • configVal5 : 15
  • configVal17 :
  • configVal6 : 3
  • configVal7 : 4
  • pendingRefresh : false
  • reportedHumidity : 67.62
  • lastBattery :
  • configPending : true
  • reportedTemp : 80.42
  • tempOffset : 0
  • configVal32 :
  • configVal20 :

Any assistance is appreciated.

I bought one of these for testing and installed it this past weekend. I also did not get motion events at first, and somewhere there is a thread about this.

Ended up that I had to exclude it, reset it to factory, include it again, and then motion started triggering.

If you are seeing the light blink upon motion (which I did not until I started over) then you may have a different issue. Still might not hurt to try the above steps.

1 Like

I will try that. No motion light is present.

After a LOT of excludes, factory reset of the sensor ( over and over ) and includes I finally have both sensors working correctly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.