Motion Sensor Turns Lights Off Even When It Shouldn't

I apologize if this is somewhere else. I've been looking for hours now and haven't been able to find my answer.

I have a Motion Lighting App set up in my kitchen for my under cabinet lights (Sylvania Lightify LED Strips) to turn on to 10% from 11:00 PM to 60+ minutes after Sunrise with a 1 minute delay to turn off. This part works great.

I then have a Pico set up to turn them on/off and dim up and down. That works great as well.

Here's my problem. When I turn on the Under Cabinet Lights with the Pico remote, they turn off after the 1 minute delay (as per the ML app settings).

How to I get the 1 minute delay to only function during the 11:00 PM -60+ Sunrise time frame?

Thanks

Must be the Pico shuts off the internet too!

Accidentally hit tab and enter. Whoops! haha

1 Like

You need some restrictions.

You could possibly use modes, which is nice as you can use modes across multiple apps. I would look into them as they are very handy as you add more and more things.

But what you probably want for now is to restrict between two times. You found the first one for "turn on between...".

There is a comparable setting in the " Options for Additional Sensors, Lights-Off and Off options" (the last box on the main page of this rule). You probably will want sunrise +61 to 10:59PM as the restriction here. So that would only happen when you are not between the two times you list above (offset by 1 minute on either end from your other restriction).

2 Likes

Thanks. I have made the changes to app. I will test the Pico tomorrow to see if that worked. It looks to me like it should. We will see.

I'm very annoyed with myself for not having seen that setting before....

Thanks again.

If that doesn't work, you can use the Pico button as a condition to not turn off the light. That might actually work better in some cases. That option is just above the one I circled "Buttons to disable off".

So try this time restriction first, and if it doesn't work like you want, you can switch things up a bit, no pun intended.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.