Motion Sensor Recommendation 2022

I bought ten. I liked them so well I bought 20 more since they were discontinued. :wink:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm sure you were joking but I actually do this. I have a set of tool boxes dedicated to HA. Ever time I'm in there or near it, I slide open the drawer.

I purchased 20 of them myself when the Ebay listing was first pointed out here on the forum. I also purchased 20 of the Iris(Centralite) plugs from the same seller. Oddly, they don't get the love I show the motion sensors. :thinking:

1 Like

@danabw Wake up! You're dreaming of the "old times" again. The next thing you know, you'll be drooling and dribbling on your community posts. :drooling_face:

For those of us who weren't in home automation in those days, or hadn't graduated to motion control, here is a currently available motion sensor I use. Zooz 4-in-1 sensor.

Zooz Z-Wave Plus 700 Series 4-in-1 Sensor ZSE40 - The Smartest House

They work well. I have five in my home so far, and I am planning to install more. The real test is my wife REALLY likes the motion lighting setups I have made so far. I have a formula that work, so I am not planning on changing.

1 Like

:rofl: @danabw and @CAZ I have several boxes of home automation parts and pieces myself. I must admit I periodically go and open them just to make sure the inventory in my head is correct, and to reminisce :thinking: on the devices I thought sounded great but were really terrible.

1 Like

Which is huge and ugly.

1 Like

You can see the contents through translation.
Of course, I might not be able to see Ali Link.
https://blog.naver.com/ispark0114/222832624821

How's the battery life on the ThirdReality sensors? How often do your sensors have motion activation throughout the day? Thinking of sticking 1 in each bathroom for lighting.

Not that I need to renew my motion sensor stock... but if I was starting from scratch... what would stop me from making the same choice of a major Scandinavian organisation mocked by some YouTube presenters, which has an extremely long battery-life and short re-activation period.....? Granted they are expensive, but so are batteries if you need to replace them often and they are obscure varieties....

Not to mention the varied integrations for some of the more popular varieties, some offer the ability to integrate with more than one system at the same time.... Just a thought....

My first pair are hooked up to SmartThings and have not shown any significant battery drain in the 5+ months they've been in my office.

Probably triggered 10+ times a day.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.