Motion Rule with Unifi G3 Camera

I have a WebCore to turn on my front lights when motion is detected. The Unifi G3 camera is great except when the lights go off it will sense it a motion and turn on again...so you have a loop all night.
Rule is for sunset to sunrise. To avoid this put and statement to say if light is off for at least 11 seconds and motion is sense then turn on the lights. I'm using a Tplink switch to control the light.
WebCore seems to work but often breaks and keeps looping even thought it was working without a loop, then I have to redo the piston all over and play with it till it works.
Is there a way to do this in Rule Machine?
See WebCore rule below.

Thanks for you help in advance.

execute

if

Porch (UVC G3)'s motion changes to active

and

Outdoor Front Lights' switch was off for at least 11 seconds

and

Time is between sunset and sunrise

then

withOutdoor Front Lightsdo

Turn on;

end with;

else

if

Porch (UVC G3)'s motion stays inactive for 6 minutes

then

withOutdoor Front Lightsdo

Turn off;

end with;

end if;

end if;

end execute;

Edit

IMHO, I think you've answered your own question here. Set up the triggers and run with it.

I see that you've never posted here before, so I assume perhaps you're exploring hubitat. There is some great documentation out there on rules. Unfortunately, I'm not at home to put this together, but I see that no one has offered input, so I wanted to at least offer you a place to start.
You could get your feet wet by looking over some example rules that were compiled into a post as well.

2 Likes

@Jehu How is this coming along for you?

Curious, how are you getting motion notifications from the Ubiquiti cam? Perhaps I need to do some digging again, as my Ubiquiti stuff is in no way connected to my Hubitat!

S

Not going well, can't figure out how to do the wait. See image that is highlighted.
InkedMotion trigger with Unifi G3 Cam_LI

I'm using Unifi Video not Unifi Protect. Not sure if you can do this with Protect. I use the camera also as a motion detection for my front door. When I had Smartthings I would so the Ring doorbell but does seem to have any integration with Hubitat.

1 Like

Thanks! You're probably correct, I know Protect is less featured than Video.

S.

For the Ring doorbell if you setup Alexa.
You can create a virtual push button switch in Hubitat and a rule in Alexa that pushes the virtual button when there is motion.
Then create a rule in Hubitat for when that virtual push button is activated.

Webcore was great in SmartThings but I had to concede (due to Webcore issues with Hubitat) and move to RM and now slowly over to node-red.

Thanks for all your help guys...sorry I don't like Alexa, I have a bunch of free ones and also Google Home but won't use them, just don't trust them.
WebCore seems to be back working normal for now...problem was due to rules I tried to do in Hubitat and didn't disable them with caused conflicts.
Your idea is great but too much for a guy like me :grinning: :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.