Motion Lighting with Lifx

I have a motion lighting setup with some Lifx strips. It is suppose to set it to 25 % but for some reason it is always goes to 100%. It doesn't seem like the level option is doing anything.

Thanks

Are you using the custom local lifx drivers? Would be useful to know how you are controlling the Lifx strip - and any logs it outputs - to better asses why it may not be behaving as you expect

Yeah I'm using that driver. I think that is the issue. It only supports on/off for the Lifx Z strips. Anyone know of a different driver.

Thanks

Recent updates should support full functionality, including individual settings per zone. Check out the latest code from the Master branch in GitHub - let me know if that still doesn't behave the way you want

do I just pull the code for the mutlizone diver code or do I need to pull the Master App code again?

Thanks

Probably both - there were incremental changes that added support for control of the whole strip, similar to other lights, before we got to per-zone settings. Depending on what level of control you want/need, there is a new MultiZoneChild driver that will support creation of child devices for your strip, that represent each individual zone.

Updating the app and the drivers fix the issue.

Thanks

1 Like